Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone in the Portland/Vancouver metro area have a shop ?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Dec 11, 2002.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Gonna be ready to install the lift on the Burb within the next few weeks and was wondering if anyone has a place inside they would consider renting to do the project? Preferably with an air compressor.............heated would be nice too ! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I would gladly pay to not have to do this in the driveway in December/January in the rain/wind........... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'll supply the brewski's and the Snakebite. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

hehehehe!!!! nope can't think of anybody....My shop dosent have 220 and no compresor or heat but the property will close at the end of the month so I should be able to get into it by the first... How many days do you think it would take....?

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Hours, not days.............. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Probably 4-6 hours, depending on how long it takes to remove the steering arm............ /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Does it have 110V?

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Does it have 110V?

[/ QUOTE ] Yeppers, and for a mere 4-6 hours, I would have to charge 1 bottle of Jim beam... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifI'd most likely be moving my tools and stuff in so I could help and you'd have tools to work with.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wow - I thought you were tough Frank /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just think of the memories you have the opportunity to create right now with your kids - what could possibly be more fun than laying on wet concrete installing a lift?

Sorry I can't be of more help... But it's fun to antagonize you nonetheless!

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well Frank, my garage is open. I can fit my blazer with 7" of lift and 38's on it inside and close the door. The garage is insulated, but not heated. I have a portable heater for that. I have a compressor and all the tools we'd need to get the job done. We' probably have to leave the door open, but I'm pretty fast at lift installs, so we could do it in a few hours. Also, I know the trick to getting the steering arm off quickly. Let me know if you need a place.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh I see how ya are, I'm suprised you didn't mention your closer too... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

he is closer too... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah, I know , but my shop's cooler.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well fumes...you are more than welcome to come over and get greasy with us if Frank wants use my 'grudge. I'll count on you to provide the witty rhetoric and keep the garage warm with your abundant flatulance! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

trick to getting steering arm off= B.F.H.

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Shhhh.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

maybe cooler, but he is closer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    trick to getting steering arm off= B.F.H.

[/ QUOTE ]

That, and there is a trick to those irritating little cone washers that have been stuck on forever! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Frank, did you get your lift done?

17. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Nope, still deciding what configuration (amount of lift - 4" or 6", rear block or spring), etc.............should be ordering the parts soon and hopefully have it done by Jan 1......... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

Mike, refresh my memory - what is your lift? Body lift also?

18. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Frank, mine is 4" suspension lift (front actually gave me 5.5, 3/4ton 9leaf stock springs/zero rates/4.5" blocks in rear and body lift and 33's. I'll get you some new pics tomorrow if you want.

19. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My rig has 4 inch procomp springs on the front, 5 or 5.5 inch Superlift blocks in the rear, plus a one inch body lift from ORD. I am planning on going to a 4 inch all spring lift from either Tuff Country or Skyjacker. My Procomps make my truck ride like a tank, I don't recommend them. Although I recently rode in another burb with the exact same springs, and his rode alot better than mine. Of course he had a 1000 pound diesel engine in it to help smooth them out /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I would say what ever you go with (4"or 6") go all spring. If you use a body lift, I absolutely recommend the 1" ORD pucks. Anyhow what ever you go with let me know when and where if you need any help, I'd love to give a hand if I am available. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Those BFG AT's you had on at our meeting - were they 35's? Have you had to trim the fenders? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif