Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone know a good junk yard around Northern VA????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by protechk5, Nov 11, 2004.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Ok, I live in Northern Virginia and i need a rear 10bolt so i can sell my truck, i cant find one online, and every damn junk yard wants like over $500 for one, it pisses me off. Everyone online says you can get one for less than $100, i dont know i must be crazy /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Geezz--up here we cant even give 10 bolts away sometimes!.I saw several at a swap meet in CT sunday,many of them either went back home with the vendors or were left near the dumpsters--one guy had a pair of front/rear 3.08's for 25 bucks on display,no one bought them--everyone wants 3/4 or 1 ton diffs around here it seems,unless they are replacing a daily drivers rear axle.The junkyards here are full of them,they usually get between 50 and 150 bucks depending on condition and mileage,and who removes it from the junk truck.Might be time to take a ride up north here--virginia is only about 600 miles away...... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Keep your eyes open, when I did my axle swap I sold my 10 bolt for $100 and it took 3 months to find a buyer, I finally gave away my front 10 bolt.

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

If you ever get down into the Norfolk area there was a paper called the Tidewater Trading Post that was a great source for cheap used parts when I lived there. No good junkyards though.

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok, I live in Northern Virginia and i need a rear 10bolt so i can sell my truck, i cant find one online, and every damn junk yard wants like over $500 for one, it pisses me off. Everyone online says you can get one for less than $100, i dont know i must be crazy /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one and live in richmond and commute to Quantico every weekday. PM me for details..

John /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I finally gave away my front 10 bolt.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

7. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

I have a buudy in Richmond that has one as well let me know and I will hook you up! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. fwc

fwc Registered Member Premium Member

Try going up 234 north of Dumfries, there are two or three junkyards in a row. Other than that, there is a pretty big one just south of Fredericksburg on US 1. Where abouts in N. VA are you?

9. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Try going up 234 north of Dumfries, there are two or three junkyards in a row. Other than that, there is a pretty big one just south of Fredericksburg on US 1. Where abouts in N. VA are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh yeah those are the ones i went to, they suck

10. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status