Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone know ------Laketex------

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jck54x4, Nov 17, 2004.

1. jck54x4

jck54x4 1/2 ton status

I bought a a softtop from Bryan (aka laketex) when he was parting out his K5 about a month ago and have not received it. I received a couple of responses saying it was going out the next day and he will pm me a tracking number. I never recieved the number or a response after that. I have emailed and pmed him many times with no response.The only thing i have is his address no number to get in contact with him. I just want this resolved soon either reund my money or send the top. The last time i seen him on here I beleive he had just bought a truck /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. If anyone knows Bryan or how to contact let him know i need my top or money. He can contact me on here and let me know whats going on. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. jck54x4

jck54x4 1/2 ton status

ttt /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I dont know him personally, but I do know he is a stand up guy. He's been on here for years. Not making excuses for him, but I am sure something came up. He is not gonna outright screw you.
    I'm sure someone who knows him personally will chime in shortly.
    Dont worry, he'll make it right /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree, I know him personally and he's a good guy, don't worry about a thing.

5. jck54x4

jck54x4 1/2 ton status

He seems OK, I understand things come up and people forget things. Thats OK I just want to know whats going on keep me in the loop of things,I am easy to work with.

6. fordcummins1

fordcummins1 1/2 ton status

I'll put up one more post in favor of Bryan, he is a great guy, and you have nothing to worry about, there is no doubt in my mind that you will get your parts.

7. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

8. jck54x4

jck54x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks Danny, well at least now I know I'm not the only one looking for him.

9. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

sorry for the delay on parts man, I know him personally as well, (over 10 yrs) and he's a stand up guy for sure. He wont screw anyone intentionally, I know he's been busy with his job lately, out of town as such on occasion. You'll be made right on your stuff.

10. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Hello, Bryan just called me back and said he sent the top out already and that its hard for him to respond to emails and CK5 because he only has internet access at work. He also said he will be on tomorrow morning to straighten this out.

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

First I'd like to thank my friends for calling me on this. Never realized I had so many folks pulling in my corner, and for that I thank you. Hell, I had 3 phone calls last night! And the good words here, that's great. Thanks guys.

Now to buisness:

I am extremely sorry for the delay on shipping parts. I'm sure it's no consolation whatsoever, but I've been working 70 hours a week with zilch time to do net stuff, ship, or do much toward this stuff. It's not only you that doesn't have your parts. I shipped out $400 worth of Tires/wheels that I never recieved payment on. I also recieved payment, but have been flaked on twice for pickup by the guy that bought my chassis. I still have a K5 sitting in the middle of my shop so I can't even clean up or get my shelves up in there. I haven't even had time to deal with that. No excuse, but at least now you might begin to understand the boat I'm in.

Funkycold: I damaged one of your parts in my shop. I will send you back your money plus a couple bucks for your postage and money order fee. I will do this at lunch today.

JCK: I sent the soft top yesterday. I'm sorry for the apparant runaround. I sent you a PM with your tracking number.

mud390: I accepted $90 from you for 2 parts and ended up leaving the shackle flip on the K5...I will get your $50 back to you at lunch today to cover the cost of the flip. I haven't forgotten about you.

OkieMuddog: I cant even begin to remember what I was trading you for....shoot me another PM and we'll meet up Friday evening if you want.

And you know who you are....I haven't traded a PM with you in a while, so not naming names on this thread. I know we had shipping cost issues, but I'm still in the dark on that. Even if we split shipping costs, which I'm willing to do, you owe me $250 at the very minimum. I sent the tires on good faith and am awaiting your response.

I will copy/paste this message on the other thread so we're all on the same page. Again, I apologize. If anyone else has an issue with me, please call me. I have my phone off during the day, so the best times to reach me are between 7 and 10pm. 630-217-2432

Thanks.

Bryan

12. jck54x4

jck54x4 1/2 ton status

Bryan

I am glad to finally here from you i was getting worried there. I was not sure if I was going to get stiffed or not i have had it done to me before. After i posted this up and started to see others post up here in your defense i was some what releved. I am sure that most people will not put themselves out there like that if they didn't believe in the type of person you are. Good to know you have friends like that on here that got your back. I was just wondering what had happen and did not here from so i fugure i try it this way. Well good to here from you and i will be looking forward to the top. Thanks to everyone who helped me out and letting me know what type of guy Bryan is.

Thanks
    Carlos /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Glad things are working out.

Bryan's character? Top notch. I'd pull MY softop off and send it to you if there was a problem with his. And yea, I'm dead serious.

Bryan, if you are meeting up with Krennen, I may send you some $$$ for the hood and doors and see if they can make the trip back with him.

KP

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Damn Kyle...you just gave me the warm fuzzies... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyway, please be careful what you offer....that soft top did have 2 issues with the strap webbing. However I stressed that in my ad so it was a known problem before the deal was made!

On the doors and hood. The doors are gone already. A guy at work wanted the blue ones, and greywolf is picking up the orange ones Friday. I do still have the hood and core support, which I would be glad to be rid of. Shoot me an PM or give me a call! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

What times good to call, tonight, or when /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

tonite is perfect...i'll be out in the shop wrenching on the crew cab. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    tonite is perfect...i'll be out in the shop wrenching on the crew cab. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Momma's not feeling too well, so I may be tied up, but I'll see what I can do /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When is Krennen coming down that way?

18. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

That would be tomorrow afternoon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'll see if I can make this happen then /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

KP

20. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Krennen, looks like you're picking up a hood, 2 doors, and that diff cover. Just give me a call.

Do you know anyone that would need a 1" ORD Body lift, '81-'89 core support or K5 blue back seat? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif