Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone know were I can buy a clip for my gun

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 80Jimmy, May 18, 2003.

1. 80Jimmy

80Jimmy Registered Member

I need a clip for my gun and was wondering if there were any websites that sell them. I am looking for a 30 round clip for my Tangfolio tz 75 9MM

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

You are out of luck. But you might find a magazine for sale in Shotgun news. You can probably go to any gun store and ask them if they have a copy. Or they can order a magazine for you.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

2 words dude, "gun shows"...

j

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

First, its not a clip, its a magazine. Second if you are in AZ then go to the gun shows they have at the fair grounds about every month or other month. There are people there that deal in only magazines. That is the best place to look for something like that. Second choice is internet or Shotgun News.

5. jekbrown

lol! not the mag/clip semantics (sp)!!!! clips = lil strips of metal that can hold several bullets for rapid loading in guns like the M1 or some of the mosin nagants etc. magazine = metal housing that u put a bunch of bullets in and use for rapid reloading. The only real difference, technically, is that a mag has some means of pushing rounds into the gun while clips require the user to cram em in. <shrug> i just think its funny when peeps get anal about the terminology.

j

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I started doing that because I guy I worked with at a gun shop in Phoenix was anal about it. It is nice to use the correct terminology because people walk in and ask for something different then what they say.

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm one of those "anal terminology" freaks !!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif The very first gun range I
    ever stepped foot on at 8 years old had a former marine (they're NEVER an "EX" marine)
    as a range master. The first thing he said was "If I hear anybody call this (holding
    up a .22 round) a BULLET I'm gonna kick you off this range and you'll never step
    foot here again. This is a CARTRIDGE - the peice of metal in the end is the projectile.
    Got it!" After 40 years, I still cringe when I hear "bullet"!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. Desert Rat

I laugh myself nauseous when I see these morons in action movies shooting gangster style with the gun sideways too. Add that to the list of boners including; revolvers with silencers, getting shot and flying 40 ft. backwards with 60 gallons of blood spraying around like a Monty Python skit, shooting 500 rounds without reloading, shooting a car with a handgun and watching it explode like Hiroshima II, and shooting the gun out of someone's hand... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I started doing that because I guy I worked with at a gun shop in Phoenix was anal about it. It is nice to use the correct terminology because people walk in and ask for something different then what they say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clip = holds bullets but does not completely encase them
    Magazine = completely encases the bullets it holds.

Imagine if you walked into a gun store and asked for a clip for an M16. I'd laugh if they gave you a little stripper clip like we usually throw away after we load magazines with it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. jekbrown

if u used rounds loaded so that the "projectile" didnt break the sound barrier, why couldn't you use a silencer on a revolver? i think more silly is when u see silencers on small caliber assault-type rifles. a .223 at subsonic speeds = total crap. a 44 mag at subsonic would still prolly hurt pretty bad. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

11. Desert Rat

A revolver allows gasses (and sound) to exit in other places besides the end of the barrel. You won't see too many .223 guns shooting sub-sonic rounds since most .223 rounds run 2000 fps and up. The most popular silenced weapon for SWAT is the MP5, and it's newer brothers which is chambered for 9mm, and now .40. If you have to shoot something that is going to be running less than 900 fps, might as well make it big like the .45.

12. jekbrown

well, it'd still be quieter right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and yeah, the point of the "silenced m16" comment was that u dont see sub-sonic .223... even if ya did load it that way its not like it could cycle a semi-autos action. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

13. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

They do in fact make sub sonic 5.56 rounds, and it will function the action of the m16 series of rifles. The idea of the silencer on the military carbines isnt to make it silent but to take the sharpness out of the report, reducing the audiable signature from being heard miles away to that of a 1/4 mile. Even to the casual shooter a scilenced high power rifle reduces the report enough to where you dont need to wear muffs and plugs.

14. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

usually they people flying back 15 feet are being shot with a 9mm....ain't gonna happen.

On a side note, I saw a video once of a SWAT sniper shooting a gun out of a guys hand...it was pretty spectacular. But that's a guy with a sight and time to set up the shot. From the hip...ain't gonna happen.

15. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

try here: www.cheaperthandirt.com

give them a call; order a free catalog /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

they are also a ck5 advertiser and carry camping, military surplus and other stuff of interest /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    former marine (they're NEVER an "EX" marine)

[/ QUOTE ]

Semper Fi /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

18. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status