Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone know where i can get a Pic of those new Ujoints....?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Silver84k5, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

I think they are made by that Ox lox company but i may be wrong........... They are the ones that are pictured in the new FOURWHEELER mag,,,,,,,,,, thx

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Ask and ye shall receive...

[​IMG]

CTM makes the other HD joint. </font color>

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Thx... those things are mean, i like em, Got a price on them?&gt; and do they make outer and innner ring ones? do screws hold those caps on? is there a website i can go to to read about them, i want some hehe, Sorry so many ???? Thx again

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Ox doesn't have any info about them. Here's a shot of the CTMs also.
    [​IMG]
    I think the CTMs run about $200 for a D44 one, but that price might be for the 60. No idea on the Ox, but I'm sure that thay are more expensive. Haven't really looked for info on the Ox's, but CTM's website is here. The CTM's are garaunteed to never break, not sure about the Oxes (Oxen? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif ) </font color>

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I have one question. HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPOSE TO REMOVE THOSE?????? On a normal u-joint you have to press the joint right up to the shoulder of the cross to push the caps out. You can't do that on the OX. It's shoulder is right up to the edge of the clip. CTM is even close to not enough room.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I assume that you have to pull the caps on oppsite sides of the joint, then get the joint in the ears of the shaft and press the caps in from the outside. I don't think that either of these joints use bearings, I think that they use bushings, it would probably be impossible to install a regular joint like that without losing bearings like crazy.</font color>