Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone know where I can get a spare tire carrier for a 85 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bikejunkie, Dec 21, 2002.

1. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Registered Member

I just recently picked up an 85 K5, so ofcourse it time to do some mods. I need a spare tire carrier to haul and extra 35" wheel around. Does anyone know where I can get a good bumper combo that doesnt cost $800???? Thanks

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about selling mine ??? about 350 to 400were are you at city and state please this is 1 awasome set up with tire carrier and gas and small compartment for chains and or high lift jack and of course a 2" reciever all in excellent condition with black powder coating
    ok i guess let me know

3. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Has anybody ever made/tried one that plugs into a receiver? I'm thinking about making one till I have enough $ for a 4x4 Iron bumper/tire carrier.

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

I was going to have my brother make me one that plugs into a reciever but it would be in the way more than anything, Im not sure how you could get it out of the way when you wanted to put the tailgate down

5. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Registered Member

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I've seen receiver mount bike racks that have a pivot right near the hitch, you just pull a pin or something and lay it flat. Might have to make it hang down with a bit more of an angle with a really wide tire, but shouldn't be too difficult.

I think a side swinging mount is the way to go, no bending down or heavy lifting so anyone that has to deal with it shouldn't have a problem.