Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone make a cat back exuast besides gibson?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camarossguy2, Sep 16, 2004.

1. camarossguy2

camarossguy2 1/2 ton status

Looking on sumit, jc wit, jegs, and many other online sellers and cant fine an exhuast setup for my car that exits BEHIND the rear wheels. All of them dump before the back tires.
    Know of any? or is costom fabing my own the only option?

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

im pretty sure flowmaster has a cat back setup that dumps in the stock location for our trucks. i was gonna get one but found out i could buy my own muffler and high flow cat (mudfrog) and have the muffler shop install them with a custom mandrel bent pipe for the same price as the kit.

i think the flowmaster catback kit goes for 300, and i got my cat and flowmaster 40 series for 115 to my door. muffler shop charger me 190 for the madrel pipe and install.they had to use a pipe made for a 92-94 blazer and re work it to exit on the driver side.

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Try looking on summit.com they might have something.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

For your Blazer? If so I would just go to a good muffler shop and have them bend up and install a good dual exhaust setup or a good 3" exhaust setup. It probably won't cost you much more then a cat back system will and it should perform better.

Harley

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if u ever do or plan on offroading, just put a turn down right after the muffler. Anything else just gets in the way of suspension mods, bashed on rocks etc.

if its a street rig, then go to an exhaust shop, they'll route that sucker any where ya want it.

j

6. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

if you put a turndown at the muffler all the fumes will find there way into the cabin. when i had mine done i told the guys to mount it as high as possible and a couple inches back from stock so it would clear my shackle flip.

figure out which muffler you want and hit up mudfrog. get yourself a muffler and new high flow cat from him and head over to the muffler shop. you'll be happier that way than someones cat back kit.

7. pineyjon

pineyjon Registered Member

i ordered the flowmaster cat back from summit for $198 to my door.

8. camarossguy2

camarossguy2 1/2 ton status

Right now its dumped before the rear axel....gets a ton of fumes inside the car...much rather it come out the back....guess i will be takin it to the muffler shop...routing though is gunna be allil tricky

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

take off your top and doors, problem solved. lol!!

i get a whiff of fumes every great once in a while... but with all that fresh air blowin in, it aint no big thang.

j

10. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Flowmaster makes one, it uses the 50 series muffler, 3" and exits behind the tire like the factory.

11. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have been running the Flowmaster cat back for almost 3 years. Call Summit. Put a Catco high flow cat on at the same time. It is the Force 2 system and is mellow at idle and has a really nice throaty sound when on the skinny pedel. I bolted mine on im my driveway so labor was free.