Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

does anyone make headers for the 6.2?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by jp0863, Oct 8, 2004.

1. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i need to do some major exhaust work on mine, seems the military boys do some bashing. was thinking headers with cheap-o pepboys muflers would work cool.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The Hummer's ran headers on the 6.2. I have a set but haven't bolted them up yet. Kinda hoping to turbo it instead which would make them useless to me.

Rene

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

If you ever need to unload those hummer headers, let me know /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

hmm, happen to know a few guys at the local gaurd repair depot,,, thanks.

5. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Stan's Headers use a tri-y setup, and they are nearly $500 a pair. That's the only commercial option. Hummer headers are the only other alternative that I know of, but they do require some slight modification from what I'm told.

6. tRustyK5

They're brand new...never been run on anything. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

7. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Stan's Headers use a tri-y setup, and they are nearly $500 a pair. That's the only commercial option. Hummer headers are the only other alternative that I know of, but they do require some slight modification from what I'm told.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Stan's Headers are the only mfg. still offering 6.2L headers. They're a true equal-length header design IIRC. The Hummer headers aren't equal-length and aren't like high performance headers, but probably flow better than stock exhaust manifolds. The Hummer headers won't be a simple bolt-on installation, however, due to the fact the outlets will be pointing down onto the c/k series frame rails. Modifications will be necessary to make them work.

I wouldn't spend the money for Stan's headers. I would use that money for a turbo. If you could find Hummer headers cheap enough, though, that might be a good project to try out.

Casey

8. tRustyK5

The Hummer headers I have, the passenger side exits almost stright out the back of the header just like the factory 6.2 manifold. The drivers side one is almost a center dump, also like the factory manifold.

I haven't fit them up or run them yet, but it doesn't look too terribly hard to make them work. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Rene