Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does Anyone Make Rear Sliding Windows For The Blazer Fiberglass Top?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dune_Goon, Jun 28, 2001.

1. Dune_Goon

Dune_Goon Registered Member

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    If your asking about sliders for the side windows of the top we are all out of luck.I was looking for them about half a year ago and found a company who made them from info. on the old Blazer-Net.I looked at their web site and found local distributers.Well to make it short they stopped production due to lack of demand.What sucks is I can't remember the name of the company.I believe Steve Chin(a member on this board)Gave me the info.maybe he can remember the company's name.Sorry.

<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/picture/p8947726813026de684f60e0bd6f3fbfe/fe8f5839.jpg>http://www.zing.com/picture/p8947726813026de684f60e0bd6f3fbfe/fe8f5839.jpg</A>

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

C. R. Laurence was the company's name. The last time one of us contacted them, they said they weren't even interested in making a batch of the windows up (even if we got a dozen or more orders up for them). Maybe they have changed their minds, but I won't hold my breath.

4. tshiko

tshiko Registered Member

Some early Blazers came with Sliding glass, so you might be able to find a used top with the sliding glass, or you might be able to take them out of a cracked top. I never made a comparison, but I think that the second generation Blazers had the same size window, and a lot more of them had sliding windows. You might want to look into getting the sliding glass out of a 73-91. Has anyone ever tried?

5. Dune_Goon

Dune_Goon Registered Member

6. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

I got a set of sliders on my 75 topper, I will trade if you have solid glass in good shape.

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!! <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com>http://www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com</A>
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

7. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Having just kind of glanced at the second generation side windows, my impression is that the windowas are neither the same shape nor the same size as the first generation side windows. I'm also reasonably sure that the sliders that have been seen on Blazers are all aftermarket windows.

Dune Goon, you say you have frames? That means that you have broken sliders now? A good glass shop should be able to put new glass into the frames if that is the case. A correct first generation window has no frame and is held in the top by a rubber gasket in the same manner as the front and rear windows are held in...

8. tshiko

tshiko Registered Member

I saw this add in the for sale section, so I thought I'd copy it here too ...

top with sliding side windows FOR SALE

might sell the windows out of it. email me fartman35@hotmail.com