Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone NOT have their E-brake hooked up?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, May 26, 2000.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I am planning on doing my 14ff swap soon and I am having trouble finding the backing plates off of a SF or a Burb..So I am thinking about not hooking up the E-Brake. Does this sound like a bad idea to anyone else? All I do is drive 2 miles to work every day and go offroading with it, Soon I hope to take it car shows..after all is said and done..let me know thanks
    Brent

2. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

I didn't have mine hooked up, and I used to go wheeling and I drive about 4 miles to work everyday and I've never had a problem, I recently hooked it up but that's only because I found out that it does work I still dont use it tho.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

3. paul_cfh

paul_cfh Registered Member

my truck does not have one hooked up but my blazer does (almost sh*t myself when i pushed it in and it worked) which sucks cause my truck is a standard.........cant start it and let it warm up

[​IMG]<font color=blue>where the road ends the fun begins</font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. 88Jimmy

88Jimmy 1/2 ton status

85Mouse
    How is your 85 hooked up ?
    I have a 88 Jimmy and The e-brake cables are push in type
    on my 14Bolt the backing plate are a clam shell type push in and bolted I took my 88 cables grounded the flange off so it was round pushed the in the backing plates and tighten the bolt.

350 Vortec TPI D60 14Bolt 4.56 4"lift 35 BFG A/T

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

For your sake (and everyone else's),

<font color=red>CONNECT YOUR F%@$*!G E-BRAKE CABLE!!<font color=black>

Sorry, had to vent.
    I say this so blatantly (my apologies if I've offended you) because I'd really hate to see or hear of a fellow Blazer guy or gal wrecking because their brakes failed and there was no e-brake and the other party finds out and sues the s#!t out of you. Don't think it can happen? Just yesterday, I was driving by a small accident (cops were there already, no "injuries"), had the windows down, and heard the following statement while waiting for the light: "You can see his brakes through the wheels, and they're PAINTED!! I bet that's why he couldn't stop! Make sure you put that in your report, officer, because my lawyer will need to see that." I can already see the lawsuit and the greedy look in the lawyer's eyes.

The moral is: Before venturing onto the roads, consider, for a moment, the current state of your vehicle. If it's in advanced disrepair (trail-worn, I've heard it called), you may want to fix a few things to minimize your liability in case things go wrong and you find yourself in court against an uninformed person with a shark/lawyer.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I have the push in type ebrake cable now..Im going to try grinding off the end and installing it in the 14 bolt backing plate thats a good idea I would never have thought of it.