Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone own a Canback Soft Top?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tuskadero, May 11, 2001.

1. Tuskadero

Tuskadero Registered Member

Hi everyone, I was looking into buying a soft top and those canbacks look the best. Does anyone have one and how much are they? Any suggestions on other brands? Do those Canback ones leak much?

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Steve aka Mr. Colorado K5 owns one. I'm not sure if they make them any more but they were runnin around 1 grand . Another company that makes them is Bestop . . . hope that helps !

- SlyDog [​IMG]

3. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

I dont own one, but have been really reserching them. They are great tops, I beleive according to Steve, they leak some at first, but i think he said it curred itself (Could be wrong on that) Anyway i want one extremely bad but there major down fall is the price, i got a price of $1110 to my door with side windows and including shipping. I really am tempted, but am haveing a hard time deciding if i should pay a quarter of the value of the damn truck on a soft top.For a lot more info check out the write up steve did on it under product reveiws, and then foolow the link on that to the Can-Back web site. Or e-mail them and they are great about getting back to you, they responded to my e-mail the next day. I wonder if several people are interesedin getting one at around the same time if they couldnt give us a group rate. cut it down to a thousand or so. It is worth looking into, If e-nough people show interest, I would be will ing to contact them and ask.
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

These tops are great, mine leaked the for the first week I had it and so far a year latter no leaks, I might not of had the seal tighted down enough the first time, I dunno. I will talk to Charlie when he gets back in to find out the scoop maybe I can talk him into some kind of discount.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

5. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I have one sitting in my garage. Maybe someday I will find the time to put it on?? I got the Pachyderm w/tinted side windows and pacific blue fabric. I think I only paid about $1,000. shipped.