Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

does anyone run 56's up front?63's in the rear

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Aug 20, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

does anyone run 56\'s up front?63\'s in the rear

Right now I am not sure what I am doing for springs...I am pondering something else now /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I hate this.... I keep changing my mind /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    I am sorry if I am causing any inconvenience /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Does putting 56's up front give you any lift? How far forward do you have to move the hanger, and how far back do you move the shackle (if any at all)

Since the centerpin for the 63's is in the center, there is no way of moving my axle backwards right?
    do I have to modify anything to my k5 to fit the 63's in the back?
    Is there anything special I need to do for either springs?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: does anyone run 56\'s up front?63\'s in the rear

56s are the same as 52s as far as centering pin, the tail end is longer by 4".

63s bolted in stock mounts up front with the rear mount moved backwards would move your axle back almost 6" if you didn't move the front mount at all.

This is in the plans for me right now, I'm still figuring out how i'm going to do it, I'm seriously thinking just move the stock fuel tank into the bed and bolt it down, along with moving the mount forward about 5" and inboarding my gabrials and adjusting the mount height for the ride height I want combined with potentially moving my spring perches for pinion angle.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay, so if I move my mount forward 3 inches, my axle will be back 3" from stock position?

do 56's give any lift?

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

56s will give approximately the same lift as 52s, more if you don't remove leaves but they will be stiff. Actual amount will be detirmined by your mounts.

Yes if you move it forward 3" and bolt 63s to it you can count on your axle being moved back about 3".

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

56's on the Passngers side and 52's on the Drivers side of the frame

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think the 56's will point down to much, with the 4" long side to the back, at full droop I bet the pinion would be WAY down. Maybe with shorter shackles or move the rear upper shackle mount back and up slightly (flip it upside down /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif). Remember also, my brackets are forward and down 1", on a stock relocation your pinion angle will be a little worse. I think I'm going to stick with my 52's up front and 56's in the rear /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    [​IMG]