Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone run Goodyear MT/R's are they over rated or are they worth it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scoutillac, Mar 14, 2004.

1. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Does anyone run Goodyear MT/R\'s are they over rated or are they worth it?

Are Goodyear MT/R's overrated or are they worth a shot? With 5.13's and a 700R4 I'm lookin at about 2000 rpm's.That should be otay for wheelin my scout. Is scout the wrong word to say? ALL the drive train and running gear is Chevy if that helps.

Edited by BadDog
    Please do not post things for sale in this forum. There is a "for sale" forum just for tthat purpose.

2. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Re: Does anyone runs Goodyear MT/R\'s are they over rated or are they worth it?

Can't post for sale in this forum dude. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Ran BFG MT's for years. Tried a set of MT-R's on my Bronco before I sold it. I really liked them. In fact, I will be getting a set for my Blazer when it is done.

4. eightythreegmc

eightythreegmc Registered Member

Good Tires. I have had a set of 33x12.5-15 MT/Rs on my Jimmy for about 6-7 months now. No complaints at all. And they barely show any wear at all. Seem to be a long lasting tire.

5. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I like em'. They are very quiet on the road and grip well in the dirt and on rocks. I have 32's currently but will have 35's in a week or two. I would go for it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Re: Does anyone runs Goodyear MT/R\'s are they over rated or are they worth it?

MY BROTHERS GOT 33MTRS MY BUDDYS GOT 37MTRS THEY BOUT THEM TOGETHER AND THEY ARE AWSOME FOR ON RODE USE AND ROCKS NOT THICK MUD REALLY THEY DO AWFULL IN ALL THE MUDD THEY WANT SSR BUT WE ONLY MUD THEY DO SOME ROCK

7. scoutillac

OOPS! Got my PP spanked! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Just tryin to sell that stuff so I get get a HD D44 from a friend. ANYWAY. We have a lot of sandy hills up here. How well do the MT/R's do in the sand? I think I'll save my fenders and get the MT/R's. I do plan on getting more experience on the rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Just bought a set of 35x12.5's. They seem to be kick ass. Ride like a dream on the street, and dig to bed rock in the dirt. Haven't had them on the rocks yet, but I will this weekend. Really impressed with them so far.

John

9. scoutillac

E-mail or sign my guest book and let me know how they do this weekend.

10. the excuse

the excuse 1/2 ton status

Re: Does anyone runs Goodyear MT/R\'s are they over rated or are they worth

my friend had them on his 2 wheel drive ranger when we went to glamis and those things worked well once going but did dig him in a few times.

11. slickster

slickster Registered Member

Re: Does anyone runs Goodyear MT/R\'s are they over rated or are they worth

I run a set of 33's on my 93 and I love them. I have used them in sand, snow, mud and they are not to noisy for street use.
    These I would highly recommend!

12. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I'm running 35" MT/R's and love them so far. They did excellent this past winter in the snow. This weekend, I was pulling a trailer with about 5000lbs of logs and brush through some soft, wet dirt and they just gripped! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif I did not have to use the t-case lever at all. I'll see how they do in the mud this spring. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

13. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have 37's on the 90 and love them. I like them better then the BFG MT's I had on it. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

14. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

MT/R's are definitely not overrated. I am running 37's on my Blazer and I love them. They do very well in the rocks, and good in the mud. They griped much better on a muddy/rocky trail than my friends bfg's. They also ride and wear really good on the street. I say get the MT/R's.
    -Harrison

15. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm running 35" MT/R's and love them so far. They did excellent this past winter in the snow. This weekend, I was pulling a trailer with about 5000lbs of logs and brush through some soft, wet dirt and they just gripped! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif I did not have to use the t-case lever at all. I'll see how they do in the mud this spring. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Spring it's already summer time here in Vegas /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif 80's everyday the past week /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. scoutillac

I read a post earlier that said the true measurement is really only 36". Is this true? I updated my web site too. Check it out. There is CARNAGE! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif