Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone use the dana trac lok

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen_md, Oct 16, 2002.

1. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

I was wondering if anyone is using the dana trac lok in their dana 60 right now and how it performs or if it would just be a waste of money to buy? The dana 60 will be going in a 90 k5 with 38's and I do a good bit of 4 wheelin but is also my everyday driver. Thanks for any help.

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I've got one in my '80 for about 5 years now and I like it. It has great steering characteristics, you can't tell that it's there. It will "one wheel" while wheeling but not a lot, if you load it really hard it will let go unlike (a true locker). When it was new it did hold well enough to break a stub axle but I don't think it would now that it has wear on it.

I have no regrets using it but when I regear I'll be using a Power Lock because it is stronger (but hopefully since it's still an L/S it wont break axles a lot).