Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does hot weather cause lack of motivation?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jul 29, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Maybe it's just me... but I have no motivation to work on anything in hot weather (anything above 90 and I complain /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)... therefore, I am getting nothing done on any vehicles.

Of course, when it's winter, it's "too cold" (although it would be preffered to this heat), and in the spring it's too wet, and when the temperature is just right, there are too many bugs.

Maybe I'm just too picky.

2. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Well I have been working on two things since we hit the 100 degree mark...Segrams 7 and Miller Ice house, and I really seam to be getting alot done... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I prefer the term Lazy over Unmotivated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I've been plenty lazy with my Xploder... had lots of opportunities to paint the dern thing and every time I come up with an excuse not to... Of course Sunday I broke down and put a layer all the way around except the roof, so it's starting to change... first time since May though /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

try living in florida...talk about lack of motivation when working on vehicles? i have to fix ferds all day...no motivation right now at all...

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

no garage means whenever its sunny is the only time i have to do stuff. Ill get out there a sweat a gallon. In the winter is when nothing happens for me.

6. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Is there really an exit 69 big beaver rd. in Oregon? There is one here in MI too... down by D-town.

7. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

i found that working on stuff during summer works best when done between 11pm and 6am /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Yes it doe's! I'm the same way, when it's 65-70 outside, it's prime time to be in the shop, or outside wrenching on the truck. When it's Hot as it is now,105*-106*, I do nothing but sit in the house [AC] and drink refrigerated water, and read 4x4 magazine's that I did'nt have time to read earlier.

I have a real exciting life when it's hot. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I have a "Ratech" laser heat sensing gun, I shot the wooden step's on the deck today, 176* on wood! Concrete was a measly 128* /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif