Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does it ever end

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Jan 10, 2006.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Last summer I redid my engine (pic below), now next summer me and a buddy are going to redo both of our trucks. I am saving up all of my money then around next may/june I am going to start buying all kinds of goddies for the good old K5. I was just going to redo the floor pan but now I am going to do all of the body work and paint it and add a lift kit, cam it along with a bunch of other fun stuff. I want my truck for the 4th of July this year then right after that I am going to start tearing it down. I hope to be done with all of the hard stuff around the end of July I hope to have the truck done by my B-day sep 18.
    It kind of sucks because when I had my engine all done last JULY I said I will NEVER pull this engine again. Now I am going to have to gut the truck to paint it.

My friend (I will try to get him to join) he is building up a 1979 1500 chevy flat bed. we are going to get him the same kind of engine that I have (only stock) then we are going to build it the way that he wants. He is after a lot of low end power.

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

It never ends. Tho I wont be pulling out my motor to paint. I have a rusty '73 POS so I aint worried about it being purdy. But you always get the need for more power, more gear, better flex, and more traction. As well as recovery and safety equipment.

3. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

oh you thought it ended?!?!? oh boy are you in for a surprise.:haha:

seriously though, it all just fun with your truck. so that makes it ok.:laugh:

4. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

geez, I thought tearing it apart and putting it back together was all the fun. Oh wait, breaking it, then fixing it is all the fun. Everything in between is just driving.