Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

does it matter.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jmeti000, Sep 1, 2005.

1. jmeti000

jmeti000 Registered Member

i had a 31 gallon tank with a hole...so obviously i needed a new one. went to every yard in town and the only blazer around happens to have a 25 gallon tank. will that cause any sort of running problems...other than having to fill up the tank more???
    thanks
    me :bow:

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Only thing i can think of is that your fuel-pickup will be too long for the smaller tank. Other than the depth of tank I believe they are the same. I got a new 25 gallon tank for $25 + shipping.....I'm tring to find the link right now. :D

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Found it......Link

4. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I've done this swap I swappedthe fuel pickup too. The only other thing I had to change was the filler hose it was bigger on the 25 gal. but if you're in there you should swap it any way :D

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

go new...

I'd get a new tank,unless you luck out,and find a recently replaced one in a junkyard..they cost about 130 bucks in my area..maybe less if I shop around..it will save you the hassle of the sending unit not reading right,etc..I never have much luck with used tanks-most are as rusted as mine were in junkyard trucks,and most of them get crushed or dented from them picking it up with a forkloader.. :crazy:

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

The reason the one on the 25 was bigger was 'cuz Coleman's has the military ones, which have a larger filltube. It's intended for a CUCV.

And yes, the sender is specific for 31's and 25's, and the straps are shorter for the smaller tank.

I went the other way recently on my CUCV, which had the 25 from the factory... but enough room under the skidplate for a 31.

I got a civvy 31, so I had to fudge the fillter tube, plus the longer sender and longer straps.

-- A

7. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

mine wasn't from colemans

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Tank straps will be different as well.