Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does it really take 4-6 weeks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by olskool, Apr 18, 2006.

1. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

I ordered a set of Eaton HD 15" 8 lug wheels online from NTW about a week ago. When I ordered them my invoice said 7-10 days for shipping. I called them today to see if they had been shipped yet and the guy tells me that they have to be made and that will take 4-6 weeks on top of the 7-10 day shipping. The problem is that I'm in the military and transfering the first week of June. I need these wheels before I move. Has anyone else ordered these? and how long did it take for you to get them?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i hope you are not mounting them on a 60 frt. i just did and atleast 1 hr grinding per side. i would do 2.75 bs if i ever did it again.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

why not? tons of people here have ground to fit 15" rims on a Dana 60. I did it myself to fit 4.5" BS rims. Didn't find it bad at all.

sorry I can't be constructive. Don't even know of anyone on here having those.

4. mjfoster49

mjfoster49 Registered Member

I ordered a set of those wheels, and I think I got mine in about 4 weeks.

5. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4-6 weeks sounds like what it took to get mine. Hopefully yours will find you faster--Eric

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If you ordered custom back spacing I'd believe it.. if not, tell him he's full of it. I ordered my Eatons and have them in a week. I really doubt they were manufactured and shipped in that amount of time. I dunno, maybe when I ordered mine they had plenty in stock... and right now they are behind and making them as fast as they can...

They are good rims, and you don't have to grind much either. I ground for my other rims (my blingin' street rimz, 4.25" of BS) and after that the Eatons went on with plenty of room to spare.

j

7. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

There going on a d44 and they have the standard 3.5" backspacing. I'm hoping they will get here on time. If not I will have to have them shipped about 2,000mi away and tow my 14ff and d44.

8. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

I called them (NTW) back this morning and they said they would drive down to Eaton and see if they could get the wheels done faster. Kevin, from NTW called me back about 4 hrs. later and said that Eaton put a rush order on them. They finished them and would be sending them to the powder coaters this afternoon. They would be shipped as soon as they got back (no later than next Tuesday). I have never delt with a company that had better customer service, they could not have been anymore accomidatintg. I would back this company anytime.

9. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

NTW is a good company I buy alot of stuff from them and they will try to beat 4wheelpartswholesalers prices

10. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

when i ordered my eaton beadlocks i belive it took them about 6 weeks to get them to me, and yes ntw has exelent coustmer service, when i got my rims the rtv layer around the inside of the rim that keeps the air in was leakeing...he offered to send me a tube of the rtv for me to do it myself or i could of sent it back on their dime...insted of waiting around i just went and got a tube and did it myself but it still suprized me that they offered to do such a thing