Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does ORD sell springs for coilovers?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by willyswanter, Sep 22, 2002.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey Stephen, I have been collecting parts for my 4 link rear conversion on my truck and I am going to be ordering shocks and coils in the next few days here. I just need to get the back of my truck weighed first. Anyway, do you sell coils for a dual rate sway-a-way 2.5" coilover setup? If so, do you have a chart with length/rate with part #'s or would I just give you the weight of the truck? Also, do you sell these shocks? I found a place I was going to order them from but would rather get them from ORD if I could. Thanks in advance.

Oh, also, what would you recomend, urethane bushings or steel bearings in the shock ends?

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We don't sell the springs or shocks, I'd send you to king or sway away directly.
    For the coil rates, there's a chart or formula on sway away's website that you could look at and have the sprung weight of the truck ready when you call to order and they should be able to get you close. I'd recommend going stiffer on the springs if you have a choice. Everything seems to end up higher and heavier than we anticipate and that all translates into a lot of body roll with soft springs.
    I wouldn't mind selling some shocks but the valving, coil hardware, spring rate selection, etc are more than I want to get into unless we're selling a LOT of shocks. Which I don't plan to do right away.
    i'd look to the urethane ends if you're going to be driving it a lot, but I'm a little skeptical about how well they'll hold up under the spring and shock loads. My steel sphericals are still in excellent shape after about 1500 miles of mostly wheeling.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok, I wasn't sure if I could go direct through Sway-a-Way or needed a dealer. I know that Sway-a-Way has coils in there own brand for the 2" shocks. Do they sell the springs for 2.5" shocks? If not do I just call Eibach and order them direct? Also, truck scales wouldn't be accurate enough to weigh the back of my truck would they?

4. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

You might check with Alan @ Rockbuggy Supply . The site isn't up yet, but his BB is. He has a group buy started, I believe.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Truck scales may be fine. Ask about how accurate they're supposed to be, usually within +/- 20lbs or less.

I think you have to go through a dealer for sway away, but call them for the tech help also. More info is always better.