Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does someone make an accessory battery bank?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, Aug 20, 2004.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Not sure on how to describe it, I want to relocate my Battery to the rear which isn't a problem because I can simply hook the cable to my remote selonoid, but that selonoid doesn't have any room left. So I was wondering if I could get a bank of terminal hookups that simply will connect with a cable to my remote selonoid? Not sure if I explanied it quite right...

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I understand, only because I want one of these too and haven't asked yet /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Look at some of the pics of my passenger side fire wall. Is that what you want? Basically it's a "bus" of 3/8" lugs that come on CUCVs. I run my 2/0 batter cable from the rear up to that bus. Then the alternator and chassis wiring as well as winch leads hook up on the other lugs.

[Edit]
    Some blury pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More here

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thats waht I'm looking for, gonna have to look for one.

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I run my 2/0 batter cable from the rear up to that bus. Then the alternator and chassis wiring as well as winch leads hook up on the other lugs.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Welp, thats what I want to do, where can a guy get something like that?

6. BadDog

Look for someone parting out a CUCV. They are on all CUCVs including M1008s, M1009s, etc...

7. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I bought a single pole one from a boat store (West Marine). They probably have multipost also. Boat stores are great for heave duty battery connections but they are not the cheapest place to shop. I have the main fuse block feed and starter wired to it using the side posts on my battery and then the winch runs off the top posts.

Mike

link /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=119&langId=-1&subdeptNum=118&storeNum=9

8. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Could you use those single studs for mounting several things too? They come in red and black and different size studs. Should be available about anywhere. I have one in my DD on the frame up by the alternator. I use to electric fans power supply on it. Electric fuel pump, alternator output, Starter and maybe more. Makes wiring really clean. I also have a pair under the dash wired off a relay for accessories rather than tapping into the fuse box. Just a suggestion.

9. BadDog

It's really pretty simple. The lugs all go through a bus bar that connects them electrically and can handle lots of current. Probably 3/4" x 0.120 strap. This is set down inside a plastic insulator with fingers that stick up beyond the lugs. The only difficult part is how to protect it from shorting out; that plastic piece. You could easily buy 2 or more of the single poles with the built in guards, then make a bus to go between them out of strap...

10. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

not sure if this is what you want...

[​IMG]

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

just thinking someing that simple could be fabed up quire easely.

get a chunk of brass or copper even a home depo. and drill and tap several holes. thread in some brass screws insulate the back of it with rubber, and the ends to atach it ot where ever you want.

this is what ihav e been planing to do when i relocat dule batts to the rear and run a wintch and new power blocks ect. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. poorboy1

poorboy1 Registered Member

I didn't read all the posts but I used a battery shuttoff switch to gain more room for cables. Half of them come off the remote solenoid and the rest come off the post on the shut off switch. plus this way when the truck is stored i can shut it off and my batts will be good, not to mention a good anti-theft device.

13. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status