Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does this have a Gov-Loc

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AmericanFreak, Feb 20, 2002.

1. AmericanFreak

AmericanFreak Registered Member

Ok heres the story i just bought a 79 chevy pickup it has the "camper package" on it. Im buying it for the axles and thats about the only thing left on the truck. Now it has a FF14bolt in the rear and a dana 44 hd in the front i think. Would its rear have the gov loc or would it be open? also i know the ebrake cables have to be swaped can i use the ones off the truck on my 86 blazer or do i have to fab something up? And one final question are the brake lines on the axle going to hook up the the brake lines on the truck? Ive done axles swaps before but never on a chevy all on jeeps so i need all the advice i can get

thanks

86 Blazer Building it up has 35s right now add a leafs and blocks and fender trimmin

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

There is no way to tell if it has a gov lock without looking. Or seeing if both tires spin...The ebrake cables on a 14FF are different from a 12 bolt or a 10 bolt and would have to be modified. The stock brake lines will work with some minor adjusting.
    Best Wishes
    Bubba Kincade

3. AmericanFreak

AmericanFreak Registered Member

Ok cool i guess ill just have to wait till i change the diff fluid

86 Blazer Building it up has 35s right now add a leafs and blocks and fender trimmin

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah the gov-loc differentials have all kinds of scary technical junk in em.

--Scott, 1989 GMC Suburban 2500 4" lift, 36" TSLs
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub>http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub</a>