Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does this look about right?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Sep 5, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

REPOST... do a friggin SEARCH next time, GAWD /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif...

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif... No, really, that photo is very accurate...

Today at work, I decided to take my lunch break at 1 instead of noon... needed to talk to someone who wasn't going to be in his office at the noon hour or after I get off work... So at 12:15, the boss comes up to me and says "Why aren't you at lunch? aren't you supposed to go at noon?"

And I said "I'm going at 1 today so I can see this guy I need to see about a job"

and she said "well it's okay just this once, but from now on if you want to change anything in your schedule, you need to tell me when I come in."

And I was like WTF is up with that... Why does it matter when I do lunch? It's not like there was anything for me to DO before or after I took my lunch break, I figured it wouldn't be a problem, but I thought my boss was going to explode into little bits of blood and flesh and bone /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

But it's just a temporary job, so I'll be out of there soon... I didn't think the boss could be a bitch till today... Anyway... I applied for a job at the airport, they need help in customer service and flightline, which is what I've been wanting to do for the last 3 years but they never have any positions open when I ask... So I went in today and filled out an application and hopefully I'll get the job, because it would kick ass even though it's part time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Sh!!tin on the Ritz? LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

customer service positions are for the birds,i dont know how anyone can perform that typeof work, i guess it takes a special type of person to handle that type of job.
    i know i woulnt last long in a C/S position,
    heh

goodluck, hope you score new job, let us know how it goes /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I guess it's hard to find good customer service people... Most people could do it, but when I worked at the hotel and there were no guests around, most of the time the front desk turned into a bitch about customers session... It was really annoying... If you don't like helping the customers and you're not happy to help the people who put the money in the bank account that your paycheck comes from, then you've got the wrong job... I always expect good service wherever I go, from McDonald's to the nicest resort in the world... In return, I try to offer the best service I can and genuinely be there to help without complaint... I don't really like bragging about myself, but I'd say I'm a good find for whatever place will hire me to work with people /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

My problem with getting a job in customer service is I'm not really the outgoing talkative type when I'm being interviewed or even hanging out with friends and co-workers... But with a customer, I gotta say, I'm a badass mofo... so there's kind of a problem there cuz the boss doesn't see how I am with customers until he or she sees me with a customer, they only know me from the interview /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

but I'm hoping my CAP experience will help me get this job... I have a lot of training in flight line, even worked at the EAA AirVenture show in Oshkosh a couple years ago on the flight line (that's the biggest airshow in the country btw)... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

So that's what your sig name stands for... Civil Air Patrol eh? Do you have your license yet? Are you flying? CAP is one of the best organizations in the world! I did free copier and fax repair for our local unit when I was doing that for a living. They gave me a special citation that hangs on my wall for donating my services. Great people and they do a heck of a lot to help out the local area. Search and rescue, fire danger patrol and a host of other things.

You should do what I do when looking for a job. I tell them that they can't really see me in action from the interview and that they should hire me for a week and check me out in action. If they don't like me or I'm not all I say I am, fire me without pay. Get's the job every time....

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah, October will be 5 years in CAP for me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif... It's pretty cool and I'm glad I'm in it, except all the money I pay for it, sheesh... Yearly membership fees ($35), uniforms (don't remember how much, I haven't had to buy a new one lately), SAR equipment that I never use except for training (over $500, some of it donated), eating out during weekend activities... Plus every summer except this year I've gone to an encampment, there's about $500 total right there, and then when I went to Wisconsin I payed $175 to do that activity plus transportation... All so I can be a volunteer /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif... Worth it though...

I'm still thinking about becoming a pilot, but it's pretty expensive, even through CAP... But at this point, I'm not sure about a lot of things, just takin my life day by day till I figure out what I'm gonna do to be useful /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'll try your idea, that sounds pretty good /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

birds???????
    i am a supervisor for a manufacture and in charge of 16 people. I have seen al kinds come and go. Let me tell you, some people can do this job and some people THINK they can do this kind of job. There is no good part of doing customer service, especially when you can not help someone, or at least give them what they want when they don't deserve it.

Hey Capman,
    The only thing that I can suggest to you is to be yourself and promote what you know rather than what the interviewer wants to hear. Good luck.