Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does this look like a semi truck turnaround?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Feb 13, 2004.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Cause this Darwin candidate sure thought it was this morning. This is the second truck that's used our office parking lot for a turnaround this year. The first one took out the tree in the center "island" area, then took off while we chased him down. The second today got his ass stuck in the snow mound pictured here. Had to pay $100 to get pulled out, and even more if he damaged our lot...

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Was he even making a delivery or?

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

nope. our shipping dept is on the far end of the bldg. And he wasn't even one of our trucks. Just trying to turn around and got fawked! Kinda funny.

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

You'll have to blow up that pic and draw a circle with a red X around it, and make it into a sign at the entrance to the parking lot.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

We get those trucks at Little America all the time... They just cruise on past the huge truck parking area, usually with at least three trucks parked in it... right by the sign that says "no trucks beyond this point"... and into one of our parking lots... It's kinda fun watching the driver freak out and try to get out without hitting anything... Then I just walk out and say "The truck parking is down there." just to be an ass /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Hey, capman, do you work their?? How long? I used to drive by there all the time!
    As a TRUCK driver myself. I find it humerous to see how STUPID some drivers can be!!! I have seen so many simialar situations!!!

I can't understand why these guys will try and turn in some place that You can see they don't fit in!!

I get a real kick from watching drivers get lost in cities!! Or how stupid they look when they put their 13'6" truck/trailer under a brdige CLEARLY marked as a 12'2" bridge!! I saw the results odf a truck/trailer that did that In chicago. Off Roosevelt blvd. 2 blocks north or south are the overhead train tracks. CLEARLY marked. Now, in 2 blocks, he managed to get the truck up to a speed where he "couldn't stop"( so he said!!) and pealed the roof off his sleeper cab AND 3/4's of the freakin trailer!!!!!!!!
    You can't go more than 20 MPH through there!!

What a freakin PUTZZ
    /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey, capman, do you work their?? How long? I used to drive by there all the time!
    As a TRUCK driver myself. I find it humerous to see how STUPID some drivers can be!!! I have seen so many simialar situations!!!

I can't understand why these guys will try and turn in some place that You can see they don't fit in!!

I get a real kick from watching drivers get lost in cities!! Or how stupid they look when they put their 13'6" truck/trailer under a brdige CLEARLY marked as a 12'2" bridge!! I saw the results odf a truck/trailer that did that In chicago. Off Roosevelt blvd. 2 blocks north or south are the overhead train tracks. CLEARLY marked. Now, in 2 blocks, he managed to get the truck up to a speed where he "couldn't stop"( so he said!!) and pealed the roof off his sleeper cab AND 3/4's of the freakin trailer!!!!!!!!
    You can't go more than 20 MPH through there!!

What a freakin PUTZZ
    /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking as another fellow truck driver, you yourself have never been in a situation where you missed a turn and had to figure out how to get back around or done something that you call stupid now but at the time were just confused as to where you were going but figured it out eventually. Are YOU that perfect truck driver i have always been hearing about???

WOW, i'd like to meet you, shake your hand and learn something from you man. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Don't take this the wrong way, but i've heard them all out there, this just adds another one to the list, not tryin to bad mouth ya, but come on, you know you've done something like this in the past by mistake, nobody is perfect. And with a rig with a length of 70 some feet long, it can and usually always is hard to find somewhere to turn around when you don't know the area and have missed your turn. The bridge thing i DO agree with you about though, that IS just plain stupidity. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've worked at the one in Cheyenne for about a year and a half... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Speaking as another fellow truck driver, you yourself have never been in a situation where you missed a turn and had to figure out how to get back around or done something that you call stupid now but at the time were just confused as to where you were going but figured it out eventually. Are YOU that perfect truck driver i have always been hearing about???

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit to some errors, I would NEVER say I was a perfect driver!! But I would NOT try and turn around in a space that is abviously NOT made for a truck to be in!! Maybe with the places i've been, Its been easier. Don't know. When i was OTR, i would always call the place I was going and get CLEAR directions to my destinations. Maybe i'm more cautious( or paranoid) about being in that situation!! I do alot of NYC in the runs i do now. Patiance is KEY. if you get lost, miss a turn. DON'T lose it!!! Thats what causes problems. I always seem to be able to leave myself enough time to get to my destinations with time to spare. Even with some of the tight schedules i have. And if i'm late??? tough crap.

I have missed a turn, drove past a place or two(many), But i will look for a place I fit!! If i have to, I'll drive farther to make a SAFE turn around. So continue on your quest to find The PERFECT driver, I am not HIM!!! Just not as STUPID as some of the drivers i have seen!!

And i will continue to laugh at the stupidity of others AS I expect them to do TO me!!

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit to some errors, I would NEVER say I was a perfect driver!! But I would NOT try and turn around in a space that is abviously NOT made for a truck to be in!! Maybe with the places i've been, Its been easier. Don't know. When i was OTR, i would always call the place I was going and get CLEAR directions to my destinations. Maybe i'm more cautious( or paranoid) about being in that situation!! I do alot of NYC in the runs i do now. Patiance is KEY. if you get lost, miss a turn. DON'T lose it!!! Thats what causes problems. I always seem to be able to leave myself enough time to get to my destinations with time to spare. Even with some of the tight schedules i have. And if i'm late??? tough crap.

I have missed a turn, drove past a place or two(many), But i will look for a place I fit!! If i have to, I'll drive farther to make a SAFE turn around. So continue on your quest to find The PERFECT driver, I am not HIM!!! Just not as STUPID as some of the drivers i have seen!!

And i will continue to laugh at the stupidity of others AS I expect them to do TO me!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%, cool beans. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif