Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does this look like....

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Leper, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That box looks like a PITA. What is it going in?

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

My daughter's 95 Grand Cherokee. It will fit in the rear, behind the rear seat with 1" to spare all around.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Make sure too bolt it down too the floor. I see a couple "chanbers" that are not being used. Vent them and mount the amps in them. Intresting design, I like it.

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

What brand & size subs? How much air space per speaker? Just look like not enough air space....

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Amps are too big to mount inside. They are going on the back side of the box.
    The speakers are Alphasonik 600 Series 10". Each speaker has.55 cu ft. Specs are .5 to .75 and after hearing them in a bigger box, I prefer to stay on the small end. The 300 watts each will be plenty of power to sustain them in that small of a box.

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That looks cool... you've got a lucky daughter. Be sure to post finished pics. :D

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Personally, I would build it as one large comman chamber. Gets you a little more airspace for the subs, but wouldn't increase the overall size of the box.

9. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

If you notice the extra sides inside the box, you will realize that I was trying to reduce the size of the chambers. 2 are .52, 2 are .57. That box could not be made a single chamber without making the shared space way too big. Plus, with a single chamber, any small differences in voicecoil could have the speakers fighting each other on extension. These are not high end speakers, I will take all the insurance I can get. The rear 2 speakers have the larger airspace, but with them pushing into a finite area in front of them, they should sound as tight on 90 htz waves as the fronts and still be able to sound good at 45 htz.

10. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

You really shouldn't have them in different sized air spaces. It will most likely lead to some cancellation issues.