Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does this look right???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sapper, Jul 11, 2003.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

I put these on and caint decide if its right, i moved the axle foward 1.5"s but the shock seems to be angled to far back, is this allright or should i do something different? I still need to get the pass. side done, TIA.

2. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

At this angle the shock won't be very effective, maybe you should move it up some. I am sure some off the suspension brains here can give more advice.

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

No, the big dent doesn't look right at all /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Assuming the shock doesn't bind, you will need a firmer shock for the same effective damping. Also, the shock will have to be longer.

With moving the axle forward, make sure your drag link will go short enough and that you can still steer lock to lock.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If you've only moved one side forward 1.5" then what you're seeing is exaggerated. Move the other side so the diff is square to the truck and then decide if you think the shock has too much angle. Personally I think it'll be OK as long as you have enough shock travel. It'll just act like a slighlty lighter valved shock.

Rene

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll look right after you get crossover steering! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

I wouldn't worry about the increase in shock angle cuz I'm sure it was only a couple of degrees. But it looks like the body of the shock will interfere with the edge of the Ford bracket on compression and you wouldn't want that. Unbolt the bracket, ream out one of the holes so you can align it better with the "new" shock angle.

Marv

6. sapper

Both sides are done and everything is bolted back up so it is square. the shockes are the auto zone specials with 12.5"s of travel, i might just leave it for a week or so and see /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. sapper

hey dents are cool /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, drag link has been dealt with /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif