Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does this sound like a good price

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jon, Mar 10, 2000.

1. Jon

Jon Registered Member

Its not a Blazer (but i do own one)anyway he goes.......

I'm looking into buy a 1982 Chevy Scottsdale it has a rebulit 400SB with a SM465 tranny not sure what T-case. It was a Parks and wildlife truck in kansas. It has been repainted brown. Paint is ok but still has some rust on the lower part of the doors. no A/C(Park truck). The guy is asking 3700 for it. Oh ya is has been lifted maybe like 4" with like new 33x12.50 tires and chrome spoke wheels. what do you think. It drives good.Does this sound to high Thanks for your input

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I would say the price is a little high. But with the way trucks are these days, I'm not surprised he is asking it for the truck. I'd say if you are interested in it, take it. If I liked the truck enough & Had the money I'd be in. You could just keep looking. With the 400 & manual, I'd suspect a 205 with either a 12blt or 14 & 44. Did you count the lug nuts? or diff. bolts? Commonly, the more bolts, the more its worth (in the 4x4 world anyway)

I guess you could ask your self this question. Could you tell your pal's that you paid the price he's asking for it with out them calling you a idiot?

Corey
    88K5 (only paid $5000 2yrs ago for it, NO RUST!)

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

ranger jim\'s rig

park and recreation vehicle get pretty regular maintenance, and problems are addressed fairly quickly.
    they are driven off-road as a habit, however, and most live in the woods and crap. shocks are gonna be either new, or due to be replaced. and assorted other crap.
    a buddy decided against a blazer form california fish and game for that reason. see if he'll let you test drive it, and pay attention to how the truck drives. not just how fast it is.

but, hey, talk him down, and beat on it!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Well you did not mention the milage, but it does seem high.I bought my 86K5 last year. It had 116,000 on it and I got it for $1300.00. The gut is right, drive it and then ask him to come down on the price.

<font color=green>Eagle86K5

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral