Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does this trade sound fair?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by proshots, Aug 29, 2001.

1. proshots

proshots Newbie

I have a 1990 GMC 1/2 ton pickup 6" lift with 33x12.5's on it and want to know if I ask a guy I know to trade for his truck and 1500 bucks. Is this a good deal? My truck is worth more according to the banks, which is why I want the 1500 with it. HIs truck is an 87 K-5. The K5 has 145,000 miles on it, with 15k on the motor and 10k on the front end. mild areas of surface rust on rockers and one silver-dollar sized spot on door and by rear bumper. K-5 decal missing on one side. The GMC has 190,000 miles on it. Both are daily drivers and have been for their entire "lives."

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Doesn't sound bad. His is 3 years older and with no lift and yours is 3 years new with lift, tires and less miles.

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I would say yes if you want the K5! K5 is better for camping and hallin people and extream wheelin....

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

4. proshots

proshots Newbie

Mine is the one with more miles on it... and his has like a 4" lift with some balding 31's on it.

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

6. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

Just a warning: if you trade, FIX THAT RUST NOW!!! That's where it started on mine (87 K5), whilst my parents drove it before it was mine, and now the door is shot b/c it rusted through, the rockers both need to be replaced, and the mounting holes for the K5 decal rusted extermely bad as well. MI winters may be easier than MN winters on vehicles, but don't let it get away frm you. Just my thoughts!

Four wheel drive, four wheel expenses...