Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does your Wife/GF carry? i just got Extremely....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigcountryk5, Aug 5, 2004.

1. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

LUCKY!

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifRANT ON /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Tonight the GF and one of here friends wants that hawaiian ice shaved ice crap so i say ok well drop by the house and i'll ride with you.

a little background on the SNO HUT. lots of punks in ricers hand out in the parking lotthis place is in and just sit there with nothing better to do i guess anyway...

we get there the girls get their shaved ice's and i'm like ok cool lets roll, but no the want to sit a the picknic tables out front since it's nice out. well there's a couple of families there and i gotta take a leak so i start walking towards Sub station II to hit the bathroom on my way back i here my name a couple times from some of the guys in the parking lot and go to see who it is. turns out it's a couple of guys i graduated with last year so i shoot the [darn] for a hot minute catching up and all.

i look up to check on my girl and there are two guys standing at their table and she's looking around frantically for me and the families are gone it's just the four of em at the tables about 100ft away. i tell brian to watch me closely and take off to the table alone.

i'm not a hothead or anything and i'm a big guy and my GF gets 'hit on' all the time i just figured i'd say "hey man their with me" and that'd be that but no i tapped hommie number 1 on the shoulder and got out "hey man..." when he cuts me off tells me "hey i'm talkin go get a frostie or sumpin" now i'm pissed and hommie 2 is leaning on the table a little to close to the ladies so i say "there with me man" at this point i still had my cool and he turn around and says "So?" i tell him to get lost and he squares up on me as does his boy... i lost it like i never had before /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and the GF can see it in my eyes and jumps up in between us by now Brian Clint and Graham were close behind me and this guy physically removes my Gf from between us and i broke loose and sent him to his back with a broke nose and he decides he's not getting up to see if brian will let me go to kill him. this punks friend wips out his cell and says he's calling tho cops. i'm thinking i would rather just go ahead and Kill this punk and totally destroy any chance i have of being an LEO but brian and clint won't let me go and my GF and her friend have locked themselves in her car and the crowd is growing to see what happening. about 10 minutes pass and i have gathered my senses as the cops pull up.

Crpl. Matt Justice (Thankfully it was him i know him very well) gets out of his patrol car suprised to see me and the guy i hit is sitting on a bench with a blood soaked shirt trying to stop the flow from his nose yelling that he's pressing charge's. both sides are relayed to officer justice and he say's that he's going to aresst him for assualting my GF and if he wanted to press charge's on me he'd halve to do it tommorrow and he's lucky i didn't kill him. well that scared him enough to where he wanted to forget it all and go home. they leave after a brief "discussion" with Matt. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Matt tells me that if he presses charges i'm skrewed but what he did to veronica is assault and she could press charges if he decides to.

rant off

so now that i've had a couple hours to cool off my question is this-- what would've happened if they had gone alone like they planned?

How many of you guys have a significant other with a concealed carry permit and actually carries? or has Mace and is comfortable with thier ability to defend themselves?

sorry i just had to get that off my chest i'm feeling really tempted to find out where this guy lives and put him in the ER /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifthats funny /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif due to the fact i have a hot wife i know what your going through. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Get used to it dude.I used to get bothered by it but i know she is mine so now it makes me feel good. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifBut those guys crossed the line.No need to carry anything.....because if you were packin some heat, you would have shot the guy /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifand then you wouldnt be gellin like a fellan anymore /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifI do agree that kicking his ass was the best thing in this case though. If you tell any police/judge person,what happened, they were inveding,harassing you and your girl, i dont think you will have any problems if it went down the way you sat it did........... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gifI freked out on a bunch of guys who worked at Dennys resturaunt before. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifThey were kind of testing me similar to what you had, and in the end i chased them all to the back of the resturaunt where the cooks area was /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif never had to throw blows but they hid back there for 1/2 hr,then came out, appologised, and we got a free meal. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifSometimes ya just do what you have to do. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Seems like this is a violent summer for some reason. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Youll be fine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

One question? Did your wife ask them to leave and if she did, did they refuse to leave? I used to get like that w/ my girlfriends but realized it only gets me court dates. I used to have a real bad temper. I have a girlfriend now that likes to flirt alot, but I know at the end of the day she is coming home w/ me so it does not bother me at all. I agree that the guy pushing your wife out the way was not the right thing to do and can be pursued as assault. But like I said the only thing getting angry and punching somebody had ever done for me is get me court dates. I guess those are the decisions we have to make in those quick instances. Hopefully the dumba$$ does not press charges b/c he knows he will be facing charges as well. Good luck to ya. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

btw sounds like that he wont press charges.Hell probobly go home like a loser and masturbate. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I wouldnt worry, i think if you were going to jail the cop would have brought you in right then and there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a pretty hot looking wife too, but it does not bother me much when guys stare at her ass, or try and hit on her. Hell, I look at other women too, so why should I be mad at other guys that are doing the same thing as me. When guys hit on my wife, I just look on with amusement. I know she is digging the attention, but I also know she is not going to do nothing about it. If she did cheat on me, then that would be my "ticket to ride" (i.e. I would start cheating on her too).

The longer that guy waits to press charges on you the weaker his case gets. He could still come after you in small claims court, but without an assault conviction against you his case would be harder to prove to the judge. If you have not given an official statement to the law yet, then tell them, if and when you do, that the guy threw your girl on the ground and started kicking her; and the reason you attacked the guy was to protect your girl. You need to get your girl to say the same thing. Make sure you get you and your girls story straight before you guys give any official statements, so that way there will be no discrepancies between the two stories.

6. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My wife carrys both of course she just got out of the Marines so she is used to carrying a gun.

7. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i myself have just chilled in the past. it always ended up where my g/f at the rtime told them to go away. there was no reason for me to jump in. one time i did when the guy wouldnt go away and all i had to do was step up to him and smile and wait for him to do something first where i would then had the right to lay him out, but he didnt.
    so it ended peacefully.
    as far as carrying a gun, i dont believe in it. i am old school, and i do my battles with fists where we would
    be able to live to fight again. mace is a cool thing
    to carry for the women though.

8. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I was going out with an extremely hot girl close to a month ago. And whenever I took her out on a date, it was known that she was going to get hit on. Of course I got pissed, because I am the hot head type, and because it just bugs me to no end. And yes, I did get pissed one night and get into a fight with a guy that had a knife "supposedly", so I cold cocked his ass as soon as he reached for his pocket. All in all we had a pretty good night though. She actually told a few of her friends "how crazy I am" which was sort of funny. Yeah, I definitely dont blame you for laying him out. He should have known his place and backed off, but atleast you put him in his place when it was all said and done. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Remington

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My gf doesn't know firearms, but I plan to teach her. I want her to carry or at the least be well able to use one. There are too many freaks out there. You may say its just some punks being assholes but how do we know they weren't gonna grab the girls and split. Its very possible, whether someone likes to admit it or not. I know when I'm in public(I'm by no means a big menacing guy) I get nervous in some situations. I hate thinking of my girl out by herself. I can take her no problem(wrestle pretty hard often) and I'm really not big. My girl gets checked out all the time(though she never notices herself) and I like it, I let the guy check her out then when he gets up to about her head he realizes I'm staring at him with a smile on my face and he quickly turns away. I like that, and I know damn well shes going home with me so its fine by me, but I'm sure in that situation I would have done the same damn thing given the chance.

10. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I don't know what the law is in SC, but here in PA if you're legally carrying concealed, in a public place where concealed carry is legal, you may only use deadly force if your own life is in mortal danger. The bad guy's gotta be visibly armed (no pointy finger in a jacket pocket) and threatening your life. Of course, if some lunatic has decided to light up a crowd of people with a full-auto, and you've got a clear shot, that's a different story...

As slimy as the dude's actions were, your girl would NOT have been within her legal right to ventilate him (at least here in PA - again, I don't know SC law) in the situation you describe. Doesn't sound like he was armed with a deadly weapon, just a fu*ked-up attitude. If she HAD shot him, she'd probably be charged with a felony (kiss that CC permit goodbye...) and she'd likely be at the mercy of a prosecutor and a jury... and unless she or you are rich, at the mercy of a public defender who may or may not be a good criminal defense lawyer.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my wife-to-be doesn't carry now, but she will soon. Im gonna get her a nice little steyr compact 9mm for personal protection and we're gonna go to the range frequently so she knows what she's doing and is safe and stuff. Way to many creeps, psychos and other human trash out there to risk it.

j

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

She didn't HAVE to shoot anyone, just the sight of the gun is good enough.

And if they have guns, hey she just escalated an already dangerous situation and bang, three little punks dead

13. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

And if they have guns, hey she just escalated an already dangerous situation and bang, three little punks dead

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 7 key words in the above statement - "she just escalated an already dangerous situation". That ain't gonna look good in front of a jury, not when she coulda walked away. A decent prosecutor could hype that up so much that even Johnny Cochran would have a hard time minimizing it.

I agree that SOMETIMES showing the hardware is enough to defuse a situation.
    But sometimes showing can start the fireworks... Just depends on the situation.

I just wanted to reinforce that people need to THINK about the legal consequences of their actions BEFORE showing or drawing.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions - these are mine. It's all good...

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Well she would have escalated a situation she didn't start, I agree on it being able to be used against her, but it sounded liek all the witnesses would be dead........

15. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i broke loose and sent him to his back with a broke nose and he decides he's not getting up to see if brian will let me go to kill him.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Right on! I say that little punk got exactly what was comming to him. I bet he will think twice next time he tries to hit on someones gf/wife. Anyways, about carrying, I know I will carry a concealed firearm when im 21. I went out and shot my friends 357 magnum the other day and man that was some serious fun! I doubt I will every use the gun on somebody but its always nice to know its there.
    BTW- when i was in new orleans a while back, i took a cab into th french quarter. For a minute I thought the cab driver was "taking me for a ride" when he set out in the exact opposite direcion of the french quarter and directly towards the "hood." I was even more alarmed when i lifted up a towl on his center console to find a gun! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Turns out he was a really nice guy and had a great shortcut to the french quarter that just happened to be though the hood. Anyways, he said he carried it because too many cabbies were being shot in new orleans. He also said if some punk tried to rob him while on or off duty he would waste their a$$.
    -Harrison

16. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    .Hell probobly go home like a loser and masturbate. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

I enjoy the hell out of other guys checking out my wife because im always looking at their girl friend /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    maybe im just real lucky that my wife lets me look.

its funny when guys stare because thats when I will grab a handfull of ass and smile at the dude.
    I have yet to have a problem with someone over this but im not exactly a small guy or maybe I just get lucky.

good job on knocking the guy down im sure he thought he was being a tough guy and had no clue what was coming to him.

if I was ever talking to another woman and her boy friend came up I would apoligize and explain that she didnt say anything about him and walk away.

18. bigcountryk5

normally i wouldn't have been bothered and like i said she was looking for me pretty frantically so i know she wasn't enjoying this particullar guys attention and i thought when i introduced myself that would be that and they'd leave but no he didn't want to do that.

when i asked what the had said to my GF and her friend she tolg me he said "Hey girl what's up" to which she replied shortly but respectfully "Wainting for my BOYFRIEND to get back from the bathroom."

i know in this situation she would not have been justified to use deadly force and Jarhead that would hold in every state in this situation so your correct. but my question was more of who of you out there have a S.O. that carries some sort of personal protection.

i didn't quite ask like i wanted to because i was still pretty /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif but i wanted to see how you guys felt about your S.O. because my GF is heading to college in columbia and i will not be there if some [darn] doesn't want to listen when she says i have a BF or that she's not interested. what happens if i'm not there in the situation above? i have taught her some basic self defense but she is not a very physical person so i think she'd just freak and it would be no good to her so i have been kicking around the idea of gettting her some mace as she is not old enough to carry yet.

19. bigcountryk5

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nither myself or my girlfriend will/would ever produce a firearm without every intention of useing it to the most destructive of its cappacities.

20. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

Ur gf is lucky. I know some guys who would back down or get the [darn] beat out of them.

i woulda done the same...
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif