Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doesn't anyone find it funny...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUPERSUB87, Dec 29, 2006.

1. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

that a 2 1/2t rockwell is cheaper than a rebuilt d60 on boyce equiment?:eek1: :eek1:

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Supply and demand. Demand isn't exactly high for Rocks because of the other modding you'll need to do to run them and they're not exactly geared for any sort of street use.

A D60 is a much more versatile option...from a bone stock Tow rig to a hard core crawler. They also bolt in and run a common bolt pattern.

Rene

3. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

rocks are a whole nother world that intimidtaes most :D

4. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

yeah i know. but its just funny that something that outperforms the 60 and that your not going to find in your usual junkyard or classifieds can cost less than a common dana 60. With that kinda price difference im rather inclined to look into it.

5. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Hey SUPERSUB87,

What I have come to find is that depending upon your geographical location, either the D60 is the greatest thing since sliced bread and you'll pay a mortgage for it, or you can find one on every street corner with a "FREE" sign on it because they can't even give them away. The problem comes with shipping and seller integrity. Something, I come to learn is neither cheap nor honorable.

What really sucks is that I'm at a location that has new D60 in crates and they are throwing them away because they are no longer accountable, and no one is allowed to buy or just have one. How 'bout them apples???

Manny

Oh btw, can I have extra baloney with that SUPERSUB, hold the cheese??? :D

6. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

if you can find some close enough to pick up or work out (custom shipping ) i would do it . i bought mine for a G and the guy deliverd them from arizona to caly with all new bearings , boots etc in the boxes . best investment ever:eek1:

7. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

for rocks? the shafts are not that much larger than a 60, and def not enough to warrant all the mods required to run them...

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Best way to get them, IMO, is to jut buy a CUCV or 1-ton. I found that whole trucks go for less than just the D60's in them.

9. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

that sir, is correct, i checked with a JY here, and i tried to educate the parts man the best i could, he wanted me to buy a d60 from a 93 k3500 for 1800 bucks and said "trust me, its a solid axle"... no matter how adament <sp> i was about the fact it was ifs, i told him, go ahead and order it, and if its a d60 solid axle, i'll take it...he wouldnt bite LOL...

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

2" 47 spline > 1.5" 35 spline.

that is all.

j