Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doesn't it make ya mad when you buy something and they sell to someone else

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Jul 8, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Doesn\'t it make ya mad when you buy something and they sell to someone else

Ok... does this seem fair to you or even right? This guy who is a neighbor of my friends in OR was selling a HS9500i Warn winch for $550 bucks shipped. He bought a wrecked truck that had been rolled and trashed for the engine, tranny and t-case and some other small things from an insurance auction. The winch he said he didn't want and was selling it to help recoop the money he spent to get the truck which I think about $2500 from what he said. Anyhow my friend calls me up and tells me this. So I get a deal going with the guy and am going to buy it so I send him the money via paypal yesterday. I was way excited, my other deal fell through for a XD9500i, this one did need a new cable, fairlead and remote but still an awesome deal!.... Soooo I check my email awhile ago and he sent me back my money. This afternoon some guy he works with stopped by to pick up some other parts he was selling and sees the winch and offered him more money for it so he sold it to him instead... WTF? That really ticks me off.... why do people pull crap like this? You know if he called me up I would have given him more most likely. And what happened to you following through with the deal? Crud he even said he just wanted the winch gone and knew he was selling for way cheap to get it gone and out of the way! So anyhow anyone of you have a deal like this? You buy something you think is yours for an awesome price then someone else yanks it from you.... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

*edit* Excuse my bad grammar/spelling in the title, I was tired when I wrote it.... doh!

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Re: Doesn\'t it make ya mad when people selling you something sell to some else!

actually yeah...it happened a few months back with a deal i had struck up with a member from this site...really pissed me off

what pissed me off more was he tried to charge me more than what he paid for them from another member who i talked to after the fact

Later

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: Doesn\'t it make ya mad when people selling you something sell to some else!

I worked with a guy who was selling a 10,000 lb Braden winch. Old as dirt but a tough winch anyways. He wanted $250 for it. I paid him all the cash I had on me on a Friday and was gonna pay him the balance and pick it up the following Friday right after I got paid. Monday rolls around and he tells me he had to sell it to his cousin cuz his car got towed and he had no other way of getting the money to get the car back. I wasn't too mad until i found out his car never did get towed, someone just offered him more for the winch that weekend...
    Lying cheatin bastard... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Rene

4. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Noway does that sound fair and it sounds like a situation that happend to me about a item for my truck. I was told for months he wanted to sell but was taking forever to figure out the shipping. So since I was serious I was getting the shipping charges together along with some other issues that needed to be squared away with the manufacturer of the item (to get it fixed) after it was sent to me. Things the seller should have been doing. After getting all my info together I email the guy and he said he gave it to someone who had some things he wanted. So he traded it and didnt bother to email me about it untill after I had done all the work and emailed him.. After all that time him telling me he wanted to sell. I waisted allot of time I could have used finding another one.
    OH well, I learned a lesson /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, that really sucks!! I hate that feeling, you get all psyched up for an awesoem deal, think it's gonna happen so you get all your ducks lined up, then it goes up in smoke.

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

It's all about the money.

8. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Show me the money, baby. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif