Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doetsch 8403 Shock Installation ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88Silverado, Nov 29, 2003.

1. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Installing some 8403's on my 4" lifted 88.
    First, they look a little long and was wondering if they will work on stock rear mounts? Do I need to cut the 1" stop bushing off or whats the setup for a stock 10-bolt??

Second, the bushings that come with the Shocks are for a smaller bolt. Is there a replacement bushing or do I r&r the bushings from the old shocks or do I just get a smaller bolt?? Whats the norm?

Im doing the Ford Towers in front so im sure the lower bushing are a problem there and just run a smaller bolt up top.

Any advice??
    Come on, I got all these crazy ideas from you guys so how did you do it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Is there a metal sleeve in the bushing? Try taking that out and see what happens.

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have 8403s on the front and rear of my truck. I have a 6" lift on mine.

They fit great on the stock rear upper. On the axle side, I welded the brackets higher so they don't hang so low.

About the mounting - I used what was in the kit (there are a couple different spacers, etc.) and found what i need to fit. I don't know why another truck would be different.

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Thanks...
    There are only the red bushings in the shocks. The metal sleeves that go inside the bushing are for a bolt one size smaller than the stock bolts I removed. I discovered I could press out the old sleeves on the Ranchos and with a little effort and some grease, they will slide into the red poly bushings. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif