Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dog collars on a K5? Pic inside....(re parts storage)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jms, Sep 23, 2003.

1. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

[​IMG]

I was looking to get the 4" PVC pipe holding some of my spare parts out of the way and secured. For that, I cut two slots (~ 1/4" x 1") into the sides and used two nylon 20" dog collars to strap the 48" pipe to the bedsides. Front is a rubber connector piece holding a spare D60FF shaft with hose clamps, rear has an end piece and thread cap. In addition to the rear axle shaft, the pipe holds the long axle shaft assembly for a 10bolt front (thanks Ryan/backyardbuilt!). Short side will go in a similar tube on the driver's side; this one (60") is strapped to the rollbar to store a tie rod - learned my lesson at the FallCrawl '03/Midwest K5 Thing in Fulton! To prevent the tubes from bouncing, the middle of each is held down with a rubber strap. We'll see how the setup holds for Blazer Bash - I hope I'll never have to open those tubes!

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

saweeet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif great idea there.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

purdy nifty, prolly hold a driveshaft in something similar if ya wanted. nice spare ya got there too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

4. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    ... nice spare ya got there too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope to keep it that way. BTW, ~800 miles on the MTRs, highway and trails, and I really like them. So I probably will get a 6th and do full tire rotation. Need to sell my 33's first, though.

Anybody notice the color coordination of the dog collars and the interior? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anybody notice the color coordination of the dog collars and the interior? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif