Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dogdge Dana vs. Gm Dana

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desro, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Desro

Desro Newbie

Is it possible to install a front Dana 60 from a '91 Dodge on my '88 k5 ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I am gonna shove a '90 dodge D60 into my 79 K5. If it is leaf sprung the answer is yes. There is a yoke change to be made and the spring pad width is a 1/2" off. No biggy. Oh a 3/4 ton and 1 ton GM use 9/16 studs as do 89 and down dodge D60. A leaf sprung Dodge 60 ('90->up) uses 1/2" studs but they should be interchangable with each other.

3. bgchvy79

bgchvy79 1/2 ton status

Also, I believe both ford and dodge front axles have the pumpkin on the driver's side, so you may need to divorce your tcase

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Nope dodge is still on the passenger side. Uses kinkpins, locking hubs, and from the knouckles out is interchanable with a GM, hubs, bearings, stubs, and all. The brakes bolt up as well. The late '80's and up versions also have non'necked inners (say beefy) /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. bgchvy79

bgchvy79 1/2 ton status

My bad, the older dodges have the pumpkin on the passenger side, while the newer (prolly early 90's and up) have it on the driver's side

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Bingo, we were both right. I just assume not to converse about the newish dodge axle (or jeep for that matter) as soon as they put on drive plats and a center axle diconnect I said no more. Lets not over look the 14" links for the coils. A ball joint 1 ton is a kick in my book as well.