Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doggy Ramp?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by emoo99, Mar 2, 2004.

1. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

anyone have a way to get their dog in and out of their rig? I got a big rottweiler, he's too heavy for me to picking him up and down all the time, and my tailgate's too high for him to jump up on (he tried once and fell over on his back /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif) I was thinking of makin a little wood ramp he could walk up on.. anyone make something like this or have a different idea.. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Maybe get one of those aluminum motorcycle ramps. They are lighter than wood. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I don't know what your budget is like but how about one of those foldy out atv ramps they use for pickup trucks?? I think that'd be pretty trick and would prolly fit folded up sideways wise in the back of the Blazer. I don't know just a thought. Whatever you decide to do post some pictures. Good luck to ya.

Allan

4. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

those aluminum ones sound like a good idea, i just need something that's not to time consuming to set up and that doesn't take alot of space in the back

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Just "bag" it......

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Just "bag" it......

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.....or leave the dog at home? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I made ramps for my riding mower by bolting old aluminum running boards together-- twenty bucks at the boneyard for 2 pairs--alot cheaper than the ready made ones.Would work good for your pup too no doubt! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifThey are light and dont take up too much room.My mower is a 20 hp yardman that weighs 800 lbs--the ramps flex quite a bit when I drive it up on them(I only weigh 160 lbs)but I have thought about beefing them up with a piece of angle iron when I have it decked out with the plow or rototiller--they were stronger than I thought they'd be though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've seen pet stores sell ramps just for this. My dog has stubby legs and is overweight so she can't jump into my truck. I can however lift her but she whimpers and doesn't want to go in so whatever. I thought about getting one of those ramps till she voiced her opinion on the subject.

9. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

why not just get some kind of box wooden or metal of course have her/him /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif jump on that then onto the tailgate.

10. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

that's funny that you brought it up. me and my dad were thinking of making an ramp for my lab and he dosen't want to jump in the sub(stock for know)tell this weekend I guess I'll have to start lokking into something like that too...

justin

11. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

This is what I have for my dog: (scroll down the page a bit) Dog Ramp

12. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Consider yourself lucky. I can't get my dogs to NOT jump in the truck every freaking time I open the door /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif It's probably because I take them everywhere though. Nothing says redneck like tying the leash to the roll bar and cruising with the top off and the dog sitting in the passenger seat /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

I have a 91 pound pit bull with a 22" head. I love letting him hang his big head out the window of my big burban. I get so many looks. Everytime I go out the back door my dogs are right on my heals ready to go.