Dogonne Ford screwing up my Blazer addiction!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Feb 16, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    Dang it, I just got this new job and was planning to spend the first couple paychecks on the blazer. First my brakes went out on the ford and I didn't hear the wear bars and they claimed one rotor. That was $120 for a brake job. Then I had an awful vibration in the whole truck. Looked everywhere, found loose u joints and replaced them ($28)...still vibrated. Then rotated the spare around the truck till I found that the left front tire had blown a belt. Went today to get 2 new tires for the back. Got Maxxis Bravo M/T. Went in there looking for Maxxis Buckshot radials but they didn't have my size so I went with the Bravos. Got a great deal on them, $160 mounted and balanced for two 235/75/15s. But still....and now my truck looks all redneck with mud tires in the rear and BFG trail T/As in the front. And my front fuel pump/crossover is going out and that's another $200.

But good news is that there's an '88 Chevy 1 ton crew cab dually 2WD fuel injected 454 up in northern oklahoma I may go and see about trading on. Anyone know what kinda mileage this would see? I get a whopping 11 mpg outta my straight six now, so if I could stay about even with that, that'd be ok.

And I ordered my fuel cell!!! RCI 20 gal alumimum, sumped, with GM sender, vented fill, and the good fittings. Whoo hoo.

Just had to ramble....haven't been on much this week. Now Deep Ellum's calling my name....

Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!