Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DOH!! Q-jet problems.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brocky, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

After reading articles on these for the last few hours, I realize I am an idiot. :haha: I removed a screw my buddy had tightened all the way down on my carb. Well he is the idiot. It clearly states not to remove it. Now I need an idea on how many turns out it has to go. Anyone? Its the primary adj screw in the center on the bottom of the pic.

[​IMG]

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Didn't respond earlier because I thought someone with more experience would respond, but to bring it up top and maybe give you something to start with, I believe that is the APT, or adjustable part throttle.

I'm sure I've read a couple of posts on here regarding how some have set it, try doing a search for it.

3. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Registered Member

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Your not supposed to touch it , but I touch mine . All I can say is in my case , it was shipped 2 turns out ( online shows most of the aftermarket ones are ) , I pass emissions with it 1/2 turn out , and run like a hot rod at 3 or more out .

Currently my setup is a good compromise at 2 3/4 turns out .

Without knowing your complete setup , its hard to say exactly where to put it .

You could try to set it as few turns out as possible , and if it has a flat spot off idle , open it more .

Now its easier to adjust if you drill the casting in the airhorn , and add a pipe plug if your carb isn't already equipped .