Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

doh!! run hot problem figured out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Jul 25, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

i realize i havent said anything about it here but i recently changed the engine in my 77 k25. well its ben running a little hot, not over heating, just running about 15 deg higher than it should. i was stumped cuz its the same 4 core rad and same temp thermostat. well today i was thinking about it then i realized. im a moron its summer and my heater core started leaking so i ran the hose frome the water pump to the radiator and by-passed the heatrer core. welll that also alows a by-pass of the thermostat, hence the hotter running condition i couldnt figure out
    any way i just thought this was funny enough to pass on to yall. weird how simple things like that slip your mind

balzer

2. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

im confused :confused:. there is no hose from the water pump. are you trying to say you ran from the heater hoses from the radiator to the intake manifold?

3. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

ha ha sorry you hit the nail on the head though that makes me feel better

balzer

4. blazerpro79

hmm well by doing that you still wouldnt bypass the thermostat. the thermostat is under the thermostat housing, which is bolted directly to the intake manifold. the heater hoses dont go that route either though, the main radiator hoses do.

5. blazerpro79