Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doh!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tRustyK5, Nov 10, 2000.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I was so happy to finally get my "ColoradoK5.com" windsheild sticker recently. I went out and cleaned the glass real good and did a fair job of getting it centered and all. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy![​IMG]. Well it started raining on the way to work last night and to my complete horror the 'K' and the '5' got ripped off the window by the wipers[​IMG]. Now it says "Colorado .com" Damn!
    I guess I'll have to buy shorter wipers and a new sticker, cuz this just won't do! Any one else kill their sticker?
    What is the stock length for K5 wipers? 16"? I think I've got 18"'s on there right now.
    Just thought I'd share.

Rene

[​IMG]

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

hey man,,,just go to the hardware store and buy a "k" and a "5" and place them out of reach of your sticker eating wipers..........that was however, pretty funny !!![​IMG]

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Oh, man, my wipers go over the letters, but haven't had any problems since I put it on almost a year ago, I think it's best to put them on in the sun and let them bake awhile.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

4. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Rene,
    I recommend you contact the Better Business Bureau, maybe even the Mail Fraud divison of the U.S. Postal Service, there is just NO excuse for this shoddy merchandise. I bet the backing of the window sticker said "made in Taiwan"! JUST KIDDING![​IMG] Funny story though!

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The funny thing is I have put dents and stuff on my truck that didn't bother me near as much [​IMG] I guess I'll break out the hair dryer for sticker #2. No way am I waiting for summer.

Rene

[​IMG]

6. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

Ok, that was funny, hope Rocko reads this too...I got him one for the "new blazer", as a susprise, and we are going to replace the cracked windshield this weekend, for the simple fact that he HAS TO HAVE THE COLORADOK5 STICKER ON NOW!!!! So, at least now I can warn him to break the hair dryer out and make sure that thing sticks good, cuz it won't quit raining here.

http://www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com