Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

doin' a little homwork....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bowtiefan, Mar 4, 2002.

1. bowtiefan

bowtiefan Newbie

doin\' a little homwork....

what, in you guys opinions, would be a good choice for a 4"/6" lift for a k5? and what about tuff country and ruff country?? good or bad kits? they have a good price on them, but haven't heard much about them??

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Re: doin\' a little homwork....

I have Rough Country's 4" EZ ride. GREAT ride. Just rough enough for the corners and takes the bumps better than my RC9000s did! Now I am running their EZ ride shocks... mucho better!

Good price too!

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Tuff country EZ rides on mine. Softest springs out there without going custom. 240lbs/inch I think. If you're gearing up to crawl, go TC. And buy them with ORD. For the same price, stephen throws in the upper bushings too.

you might also check out BDS. Supposedly soft, and lifetime warranty too.

4. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Skyjacker

You gettin a K5 Dave?

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

check out ORD Stephen has the suspension offers continued til the end of the week.

6. bowtiefan

bowtiefan Newbie

yeah...done decided to join the crowd and the fun....sellin' the truck this summer and gettin' a 4x4 to do some harsher trails without having to worry about getting stuck as much. don't really need a truck, nice to have, but don't really need one. so i figure a k5 is the best choice. plus i can take like what.....3/4 other people with me wheelin? comes in handy when my friend and i take everyone out wheelin' and we're the only ones with balls enough to get the trucks out in the mud. :rolleyes: