Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

do'in some coon trapping

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Aug 4, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I have a family of racoon's that have lived under my deck for years and now it is a problem so I have had to rent a trap so I can trap them. there is a big male and female and babies. yesterday I had to call the SPCA to come get the still alive baby that I guess had fallen out of a tree and broke its back.

it was dragging its hind end around and could not walk. so I knew it broke its back. well the momma has been all over our yard and got into a fight with a cat. I dont want to have my 4 yr old son or our neighbors 5 yr old kid that plays in our yard to get attacked either. these racoons are huge so I know they will do some serious damage so I aint messing with them. will post pics if I catch them. rented a coon trap.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Hope you have success your boy would love one of these.:D
    [​IMG]

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

for what you'll pay to rent a trap, you can just buy your own. i have one. caught a ground hog with it the other day. bait it with any kind of food really, and the coons will love it. i've baited them with apples, peanut butter celery, and all kinds of stuff.

4. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

actually its 113 deposit and 2 dollars a day. I get my deposit back as long as a skunk does not spray in it. there is no skunk problem in my back yard. so if I have it for a week it will be 14 dollars, not too bad.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Sounds like a good deal . Just make sure you get a couple of Coonskin caps out of it

6. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

Last summer, i had coons in my yard, trying to eat my ducks so i had to do somethin about it. ive found the best bait up here is crabapples and honey. it was fun when i had to go check traps before school and id be packin a gun when the bus rolled up haha good luck man