Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doing my lift.. Which shocks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, May 26, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I'm going to have 4" TC springs with 1" zero rates, not moving the axle foward as of now. I already bought the springs and zero rates. I'm also going to save up and order Kert's flip with 6" shackles, probably within the next week. My dad was running into town and I told him to order two E5TZ-18183-A ford shock towers. I plan on probably leaving my rear shock mounts alone for a good while, because money is kinda tight right now. With my setup, will I be ok if I use Gabriel G63438 shocks in all four corners? If so, what is the extended and collapsed length of these shocks, because a buddy of mine may have some different brand shocks with similar deminsions.

also:
    Will I need to extend my bumpstops? Do I need an extended brake line for my rear? I have a 14ff in the rear, and corp 10 in the front. I may get some 30" extended front brake lines from somebody on here, would those be too long?

thanks,
    James

2. 78Suburban

3. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

Is this the part number for the front ford s-duty shock mounts? Sorry to hijack.

4. 78Suburban

That is the part number for the front ford shock mounts on the f0250's from the 80's.. just like the ones used in the tech writeup. I ordered two for a total of 26 bucks from the stealership today.

5. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I went with el-cheapo superlift shocks from their scratch-n-dent store on e-bay (13.50/ea). They pretty much suck on the road, but are okay for slow off the road stuff.

6. 78Suburban

So nobody has 5" of lift and ford shock towers? I would love to know what shocks you used up front, and how long they are extended and compressed. Also, what kinda shocks can I use with stock shock mounts in the rear /w a shackle flip?

7. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i love my gabriels. cheap and life time warrentee

8. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

ill check those shocks for ya tonight

9. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I run Rancho RS5000 shocks on each corner and they aren't bad, but I would recomend going with Rancho RS9000 for even better quality.