Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doing shackle flip rear, what for front?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NE79, Dec 30, 2001.

1. NE79

NE79 1/2 ton status

I've got a friend that's a welder for a company near my town and he was looking tonight and said he could make up some like the ORD's (not trying to steal the setup, just don't have any money). My blazer is stock except the HD springs on the back. The question is: what can i do for the front w/o having to buy new springs? Is there a shackle flip type thing for the front, too? I'll prob. have to get new springs soon anyway, the 20 year old ones sag a bit.

uh-oh<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by NE79 on 12/31/01 06:36 PM.</FONT></P>

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Theres nothing like a shackle flip for the front. You will need to lift the front w/ springs. DO NOT USE BLOCKS IN THE FRONT!

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>

3. NE79

NE79 1/2 ton status

uh-oh

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

If you wanted to keep the stock fronts you could build the front hanger down, how ever far you move the front mount down you have to match that distance with a longer shackle for the rear of the springs. I know Aaron(agm73k5) is doing this to his but only because his front springs are already for a 12" lift, and he was in need of more.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Too much work. I'd never do that.

If 12" springs ain't enough, call national spring co.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles