Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dome lite no worky

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jimmyjack, Jun 12, 2002.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

My dome lite crapped out, I replaced the fuse and just pops. Is the dome lite on it's own circuit? Does it share anything else? My dash lights all work and so does everything else. I took my top off awhile back. All I can think is I put a CB antennae on my blazer and tucked the coax under the headliner plastic. I must've pinched the wire. Thanks for the help!!

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

either tweaked the wire- or you may have disconnected it without knowing it- or even loosened it enough to allow it to eventually work its way out.

Driver's side, front "rail" of the top- behind a little metal cover is a plug- also if you have carpeting, behind the main carpeted panel- where the ashtrays are- there is ANOTHER connection... I believe they have white/orange and a black wire... or at mine does.

Brandy

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply Brandy, I forgot about the lite under the ashtray /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif I know for a fact that it's grounded somewhere. I just need to know if it's on its own circuit. I had a blazer manual but the kids used it to build a ramp for their hot wheels, then left it outside for the dogs to have a turn playing with it............What the hell do they think about????? My oldest was with me when I bought the book for a dollar at the swap meet. I told them both....."don't touch this book or you're toast" It was the first thing they trashed!!!!!!! Anyway, back on topic. Does anyone have a diagram?

4. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

The dome light and the light under the dash are on the same circuit. I thought it was easier to pull new wire instead of trying to track down the existing short.

5. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

I have and 89 diagram, I'll scan since its most likely to be the same in yours, which was what... an 88? Saw your pictures but wasnt sure...

I can send them as gifs.

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

It's an 83 but I don't how they'd different, ya know. My e mail is LD610@aol.com thanks!

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I think I left a few key words outta that sentence!

8. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

They're on their way.