Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Donate a junk drive shaft?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BadDog, Sep 12, 2002.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'm planning on building a prototype of a simple new (I think) traction bar design for 14 bolt axles (mostly bolt on) inspired by a design I saw on a Toy in moab. Not sure how it will work out but, I'm hopeful. But, the only thing I don't have handy is the spline section from a slip joint (not slip yoke) drive shaft. So, anyone got a junk shaft lying around that I can have to experiment with? Ideally I would like the male and female sections. Money is tight so I'm mainly just looking for someone who wants to "get rid of some busted junk cluttering the shop".

In the same vein I would love to pick up a junk 465 to do some drawings and design prototypes to mount a 2WD 465 behind a 400. This is not a project I'm going to start anytime soon but, if someone had one laying around in the way, I'll haul it off for you. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Eventually I'll be looking for a good one but even a busted unit will give me the dimensions so I can have my friend go ahead and machine the adapter plates.

Anyone who contributes will get access to complete pictures and plans of whatever come out of this. Of course, everyone else will get them too, but you'll be in the credits!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif LOL, I kill myself sometimes... Hmmm, maybe I've had enough to drink tonight, you think????

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wow - how do you find the time. Do you really have a job? :-) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. BadDog

Well, right now the answer is, "almost not". /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Things are really slow and I've been biding my time trying to take advantage of having some free time... Though it's gone on longer than I expected...

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

how much extra tube you got laying around.... i got a few drive shafts....
    what size you need? diamerter wise that is. i have two sizes. and of the 3 i have 2 are fronts?
    will that work? i can give you a front...
    but the rear... i dunno...
    grant

5. BadDog

Thanks, but MJ posted a bushing that I think will work out better than the spline. Since nobody replied on the shaft, I've already started working in that direction now. Thanks anyway... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I've got a little extra tube, but I've still got to build my front cage and some other stuff so I don't know exactly how much extra I have yet. If you need some small pieces, no problem. But I don't want to give up too much till I see how much I'll need for the front... I do have some 1.5 x 0.250 1028 DOM that I don't need...

6. Seventy4Blazer

ok then, FINE.. i will never be helpfull again... hehe, thats cool man. let me know if you need anything else...
    hos is my tube bender doing... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    ya know if i had another frame i could build a freak show of a truck...
    grant

7. BadDog

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    ya know if i had another frame i could build a freak show of a truck

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hmmm, exactly what are you implying? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. Seventy4Blazer

lots of "extra" parts... all half ton and not needed by me.. but a tube buggy could be done. i got a rear axle, brake system... all kinds of odds and ends a trans t-case combo. honestly, wiith much of the stuff i have if i had a frame i could have the "buggy" done before my truck... i think that is abd thing...
    grant

9. BadDog

Hehe, I thought you were implying something about my truck being a freak show... LOL /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Not that I disagree.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. Seventy4Blazer

it is, but once i roll my blazer i will have it looking more like yours.
    but i have to get it driving first... blah
    grant