Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

done with the axle swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Oct 28, 2000.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Well, not really. I still have to bleed the master cylinder since some air got in it while the rear calipers were being bled. I also still need to somehow remove the u-joint yoke from the 205 so I can get the new 1350 yoke on so I can mount up that $340 [​IMG] 1-ton rear driveshaft I got today. Then, I can re-weld the shock mounts and be done. I hope to be back in the mud soon. Heres pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

3. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>Thanks! I had to cut quite a bit off the fenders, but I did it to still look good. When the next roll of film is done, i'll post those pictures. Does anyone know what socket I need to remove the nut that holds the rear yoke on the transfer case?</font color=blue>

4. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

is that a big blue waggan under the diff? it looks like the wagon i have.

Well as it gose it gose and under it rolls heavey rubber bouncing on a head.
    (hey i'm a poet)

5. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Well acording to my milemaker kit the socket in question is a 1 5/16. Hope this helps!!!

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

BigFAG71,

It looks good man, I cant wait to do my swap in a few weeks. Do you have any pointers or information I may need to know? If so, I will chat with you online sometime. How much did the brake kit set you back?

Neil

My GT is faster than your GT!!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

7. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

You need a 1/2" drive 1 5/16" socket. The 3/4" drive socket won't fit into the yoke without grinding it. That axle looks beautiful. I didn't clean my Dana 60 up before I put it in. Wish I had rear disk brakes too.
    CB

8. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>Thanks MudFAG, I hope you are able to make yours half as cool as mine. Expect to make lots of trips to the parts store, I had to. The brake kit was $300 and the calipers were $65 I think. They changed the kit to use GM 3/4 ton front rotors so the stud holes dont need to be machined, so it'll be a while before you can get your hands on one HA HA [​IMG] !!!! You need to get new u-bolts, and I used a die grinder to make the holes in my old plates bigger. The rearend will also raise the back of your truck about 1.5". I just got shorter blocks. I got a hold of the 1 5/16ths socket, and I just put the driveshaft in (in the cold, in the dark). Now I just have to bleed the master and re-weld the shock mounts

Oh yeah, I have more R/C experience than you, so you're only smashin the boards faster! [​IMG]</font color=blue>

9. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Looks great! Now I know who to get down here and help me with one in a few months! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>