Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Donovan 14 bolt FF Conversion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, Aug 22, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Are you going to try to make this conversion? If so would it be a bolt on kind of thing. What I mean is that can you turn down and drill a set of hubs and or the brake drums or rotors to match. If that is possible, would you be able to sell them on an exchange basis, so that anybody could take off their 8 lug stuff and slap on 6 lug.

Also what wouuld be the price of this. I would be interested in a 14 bolt ff with 6 lugs, could keep my wheels and not have to fool with the front at all.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

2. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

I guess I better jump on this and see what it will take to do this. I have taken measurements and it doesn't look that hard to do. I would need the hub and the axles to do this. So when I do this and it sounds like soon I will get a price for it. I am thinking around $300 but don't quote me on this. Depends on how much time it takes. That sounds like a place to start.

Donovan