Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don'r buy Ungo alarms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rjfguitar, Jun 9, 2004.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Don\'r buy Ungo alarms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About 18 months ago I bought a top of the line Ungo alarm with remote start and the brain went bad and left me stranded out in the middle of nowhere. Had to jump the selenoid. The shop covered it under warranty so no biggie I guess.

Yesterday the 2nd new brain went out too and it's only been in there for 8 months or so since the first one went out! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Ungos are junk, don't buy one! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: Don\'r buy Ungo alarms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always went with "Code Alarms" top model.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Bobby,

It sounds like not much has changed with Ungo......they made junk 10 years ago, and it sounds like they still do!

I had always liked Clifford, but they got bought out by someone (Directed Electronics?) and I kind of lost track if they're still considered to be as good as they were "back in the day".....

Usually it's the sensors that make-or-break an alarm system....good sensors that don't "false" all the time, and have good adjustability give the impression of a high quality unit. If the brainbox can't stay alive, I guess it doesn't matter much how good the sensors are. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am not very happy right now because the store I bought it from will not give me my money back after I told them I wanted to take it somewhere where Code Alarms are sold. They told me that Ungo was taken over by some company called D.I.A. or something and that they haven't had any probs with them....we will see! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I have to admit though when the brain went out the first time they gave me anything I wanted in the store for cost for my troubles because I put a new starter on and finally paid a shop to look at it since I couldn't find the problem. (never dawned on me that it was my top model new alarm /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) anyway I wound up with my current Arc Audio amps, 3 10W3V2 subs, and wiring for a fraction of the retail price. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif But now I don't need anymore stereo equipment so now I'm pissed. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif