Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't be afraid to go topless.!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bking, Jun 15, 2002.

1. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

Don\'t be afraid to go topless.!

I've an 85, top never off, Alaska Truck from new.
    The temperature extremes, and posts off this site, seals wise, scared me a lot, but I did it today, took the top off, for the first time, since the truck was built....SWEET. Kids straight into the back, shades on, ice cream trip......Seals, believe it or not were perfect.....Hmmmm..... anyway....DO IT, GO FOR IT.! Take your top off....I did, in Alaska, and it's SWEET....... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Topless pix tomorrow
    http://alaskank5.freehomepage.com/index.html

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Don\'t be afraid to go topless.!

Everytime its nice here for a few days i start to think about it and then it RAINS . Hate it. Hopefully be in the west next year and then it will get lost. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I usually have to put my top back on for a about 2 weeks in January other that that it's always off! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My hard top spends 8 months of the year sitting in the weeds next to the house. I just waterproofed the inside the best I could nad ran a bikini for 2 years. When it's parked durring the week I would just throw a tarp over it to keep cridders and tree sap out. Finnaly got a Proper soft top. Doubt I will put the hard top back on agian.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

im selling my top, and waterproffing the inside. line-x and roll cage for interior. no perm stereo. and it doesnt rain here but once or twice a year. (got to love AZ)
    i also took mine off for the first time since the truck was built. my seals for the top were in GREAT condition.
    i also recomend it to anyone who can.
    grant

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

....DO IT, GO FOR IT.! Take your top off....

I could get arrested for that !!!!!
    /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    Brandy

7. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Topless is the only way to go. I got rid of the hard top and have a soft top for the winter (what little we have). When it rains I throw a tarp on it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I have no plans to ever use my top. I'd like to sell it but here in Arizona there isn't much demand for them. Right now it's in my back yard where it will probably stay until I move. BTW I'm the kinda guy that is very annoyed when I see someone driving a convertable with the top up on a nice day. Makes me think the person driving must be really stupid for spending all that money for a convertable and not using it.

9. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think some people just leave theirs off in the rain. Its rather fun driving through a thunderstorm. I will suggest that if you do it in the winter to make sure you have a strong heater. 20 deg outside, 75 mph down the road, and topless. Cold....nah!!

10. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Wheather here has been great for two weeks, took the top off and it rained like cats and dogs! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Story of my life... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Just going to waterproof it now! Already rubber mated the back cause I haul alot here!
    Oh by the way, Mine when I bought it had never been removed either! Bottom bolts, Rubber goo along the rails, and perfect seals underneath! For 21 years old, these things hold up great! Put the top back on and seals work great!

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I just picked up a soft top, now I'm psyched to yank the hard top and go topless for the summer.

Good to hear about it up there!!

12. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.

I've been topless two days after I bought the K/5....going on9 months!!Recently went to half doors, but long trips I install the full doors!(I gotta make some canvas door/window panels).If it rains(damn we could really use alot here in AZ.......then I'll get wet!).