Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't drink and drive

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Jun 4, 2001.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Don\'t drink and drive

I know this belongs in the off topic forum, but I wanted as many people as possible to read this.
    I got a call the other night from a guy that I used to work with. It was his birthday and he was at a bar with a bunch of other people and wanted me to drop by. So I drove over there and had a beer and shot the sh!t for a couple hours. After a while it was just me, him and another guy talking about cars and stuff. This friend of mine has a really tricked out 2000 Prelude. I don't like riceburners at all, but he added quality stuff to it and kept it in perfect condition. The other dude had a Honda S2000 that he was talking about.
    I had to do some crap the next morning and it was already about 2 am, so I left the bar. My friend and the other guy met up with some girls and were going to go back to the S2000 guys house. I guess the S2000 was leading the way and my friend was following him in his Prelude and the girls were going to go over a little later or something. On the way to the house they decided to open their cars up and saw the other side of 100 mph...just as a cop was driving the other way down the street, so the dude in the S2000 panics and hits the brakes, slides and then the Prelude smashed into him. Both cars flip and the Prelude ended up smashing into a phone poll.
    They spent the night in the hospital but both turned out being pretty OK besides some cuts, etc. But they also have DUI's and completely totalled cars.
    Usually when I'm at a house party or a bar I feel like the only driver that is staying sober. And most of the time its the truth. It happens too much around here. So think twice and don't drink and drive. Why risk killing yourself or someone else?

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

3. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: Don\'t drink and drive

yeah, that's realistic.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

When I'm away from home, I'll have one beer....that's it. I'm usually the designated driver cause usually alcohol just doesn't taste good. But either me or Nick are designated drivers and we stick to it if we are the designated driver for that night. The sad thing is, me and Nick can make sure everyone gets home safe and on the way home ourselves, get hit by a drunk driver. It's almost happened a few times.

<font color=red>I'm a psychic amnesiac. I know in advance what I'm going to forget. </font color=red>

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> No offense, but NO $#!t YOU SHOULDN"T DRINK AND DRIVE !!!! Is this a new concept or something ? Some people just NEVER learn ! I'm glad they're o.k.,but those 2 are stupid in my book ! They'll probably will go out and do it again in the future, ....... All I have to say is thank god just those half-wits were injured and not some family or another innocent driver on that road !!!!!!!! I mean come on, is it worth dying ????? Apparently their lives aren't worth too much for them to do what they did.

L8r,
    . Riz . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</A>

6. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

funny you bring this topic up. I was letting my brother use my blazer so he can get around. This weekend I was at my parents(the were out of town) and my brother pulls up and gets off the blazer with an open can in one hand and what's left of a six pack on the other. that really pissed me off. He's gotten a dui and still has not learned his lesson. He's gonna need some new shoes soon, cause he's not touching my blazer.

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Hmmm.........I guess that's why it's illegal???

<font color=blue>My rig </font color=blue> <A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I would have kicked is ass all over the place!!!! And then he would never drive my blazer again!

Riz,

See, that's why I like you riz [​IMG]

<font color=red>I'm a psychic amnesiac. I know in advance what I'm going to forget. </font color=red>

9. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Righton Riz and everyone else. Its the kind of thing that you shouldn't have to remind people about but dang... It seems like a lot of folks have forgotten why not to do it. My story was just another perfect example.
    I guess the government is seeing this too. I heard a few weeks ago on the news that around here the penaties for DUI's are going to increase quite a bit.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

10. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

You said it 73. About 5 years ago my best friend was killed in a hot rodded Camaro Iroc I built for him... he was kinda drunk from what I have heard and was drag racing down the main street of his town. I was out of town, but I guess he lost traction, fishtailed... hit the curb and flipped over a few times and through the entrance of a store. The other guy didn't stop for fear of the cops I guess, but my old buddy was pinned in and severly injured. They say he was probably concious for about and hour till he finally passed on. The town is very small and far from homes so he wasn't found for over 3 hours. The whole ordeal really f-ed me up... I felt responsible cause I built the motor. But I have finally come to gripes after some long personal battles... So even if you don't care about yourself.... don't D&D for all the others on the road, their loved ones, and your loves ones that do care about you [​IMG]

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

11. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Well put everyone. It just aint worth it. Just stay where you are till you sober up or have a designated driver. If you wanna splatter yourself thats your perogitive, but dont take out someone else with you!

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A>

12. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

my neighbor just put a brand new rearend in his 92' GMC pick-up and one night he war driving home and totals i, not he drives and 87' k10 POS, and the funny thing is it's the second car that he's totaled it two years............

high

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

too late for this warning... i get my license back july 19th. thing is if i was of age i would have walked. before i even started thinking about getting in the car i thought to myself am i ok to drive? and the answer was and still is YES. i was. i was under the legal limit IF I WAS 21. thing is i wasnt. if you are willing to drink and drive just be willing to kill someone, maybe even yourself. and dont expect me to miss ya.... if you di from your own stupidity thats your bad.

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.

14. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've seen more than my fair share of it, and did it more than once when I was younger and dumber. I'll just say DON'T DO IT! Not unless you don't mind being dead, or responsible for someone else being dead.

I'm so poor I can't even pay attention [​IMG]

15. 1bad82k5

1bad82k5 1/2 ton status

I was passenger in a really bad dui accident on st. patricks day. My roommate passed out, i was already passed out riding shotgun. He had the cruise set at 85, and when he woke up it was too late, he over-corrected twice, and we jumped a bank rolled a few times and ended up in the bottom of a ditch. It really sucked - no injuries except bruises, cuts, and concussions. But, I really really recommend against drinking and driving or riding with someone who is.
    eric

Hell, it don't really matter....it's just for my race car.

16. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Right back at ya Lara !

L8r,
    . Riz . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</A>

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I'm real sorry to hear about your friend, Mikey.

L8r,

18. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

Heard and well heeded.

I used to be one of those "it happens to other people" guys, always thought I was good enough to drive. One night, I had a few beers (few=6 to 8 back then) at a friends and hopped in my car for the ride home. I was tired, and feeling a buzz, driving 65 on an empty highway. The only thing I remember is feeling a bump and opening my eyes. My car, still traveling at 65mph, had drifted off of the road behind a guard rail and was heading quickly towards the side of a concrete bridge. By the time I wrestled the car to a stop, I slid on the grass and lightly tapped the concrete with my front bumper. I backed up to the beginning of the guard rail, parked in the breakdown lane with my hazards on, and called a cab.

Needless to say, I don't drink and drive at all. It's rare that a dumb-ass like myself gets a second chance.

"Oil? That's not my oil...that was there before"