Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't ever buy from JET

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudbog42, Nov 6, 2006.

1. mudbog42

mudbog42 1/2 ton status

I recommend that no one buys a carburetor from Jet performance.:mad:
    I bought one on Aug 9th and just now recieved my money back which by the way is not even a full refund for a defective product. I had to get in touch with the president of Jet to get my refund(semi-refund)

Also the product was built of very poor quality and I was very dissappointed:angry1:

I am now going to go through recarbco and will let you guys know how that goes, hopefully alot better than it did with JET

This is just what happened to me, if you have had a good experience with them, then that is good on you, but as for me I will never buy from them again and would recommend that no one else does.

Also looked them up on the better business bureau and the company has a "C" rating and have had 11 complaints in the last 36 months(now they will have 12).

This is just some advice of a recent personal experience I had for anyone looking for any of the products they sell

2. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

What happened? A little more info would be helpful.

Eric M.

3. mudbog42

mudbog42 1/2 ton status

Ok here it is

Bought a carburetor from Jet, installed it and carb did not work. Was running too lean and sticking at a very high idle. Sent it back, carburetor was supposedly fixed, recieved it again and still had problems with the carburetor. Was no longer running lean but still rougher than it should(my original ran smoother and better than the one they had built for me)

Took it back off of the vehicle and inspected the overall quality, which I found to be of poor quality and was still defective. It had about three bent lines where you hook up the vacuum lines and the throttle linkage was sticking. Also the choke was a piece of $%#. Had to use my old choke off of my original carb. The machining on the bottom also looked like a$$. The top near the APT adjustment was all chewed up, you could clearly see a difference cosmetically between my original and the JET one.

So after inspection I decided to just send it back and get my money back. First they did not want to refund it at all, then wanted to charge me a 25% restocking fee. Had argued with the manager for three days before taking the situation to my superior who then handled the issue with the president of the company. After I recieved money back but still was charged a 15% restocking fee for a defective product. I also lost out on all shipping charges from the day I bought the carb and spent almost half the price of it on labor and such because of the problems and had to continuously remove, reinstall, and adjust. Also with the shipping it took 3 weeks for them to build it and about 3 weeks everytime I sent it back to get fixed.

Any questions about this issue I will be happy to answer so that this will not happen again to someone

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186156

After all of that, I sure would have expected differently.

Not that I expect I'd ever need anything they offer, but based on your experience I won't be buying anything from them in the future. Perhaps they need to see this thread to change their mind in regard to what you ended up paying for. I hope that others that followed the above thread and see this "boycott" JET and go with another company that actually values their customer, and does the right thing on the of chance there is a problem.

Even if you are the only one that's ever had a problem with JET, if they won't make good with you that says something about the company. Your experiences CLEARLY shows problems with this carb that you didn't cause, and paying for anything other than initial shipping should not be something you are concerned with.

5. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

i dont know about you guys, but im not spending upwards of 600 bucks for a carb!

6. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

And definetly not an old rebuilt Rochester Quadrajunk!

7. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

That bites.BTW,there is a shop in town here that is very good at tuning.From trucks and drag cars to some very serious marine apps.They can put your whatever on the dyno,put the sniffer in the exhaust and they'll run it till it's right.Also one of the only honest mechanics in FWB.FWIW
    On another note,I was out this past weekend in Navarre and joined up with 4 Jeepers ranging from a cherry CJ7(which suffered body damage both front and rear)to a built crawler from Moab area on 37s.Asked if they minded if I followed them around.Got the usual "some pretty tight stuff,might not be able to make it" kinda comments.Anyway,the CJ7 got a bit torn up and one of the others blew front and back beads on one side and I ended up saving him hours cause I had air and just happened to have a flywheel in my off-road box that we used to put the hi-lift on.They were loving me after that but still didn't like my JEEP RECOVERY VEHICLE sticker.:D

8. mudbog42

mudbog42 1/2 ton status

Cool where is this shop and are his prices reasonable, also we need to go wheeling some time

9. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Especially if you can get a new Q-Jet from Edelbrock -- even smog-legal ones for CA, if you like -- for three hundred. New. Not reman. :dunno::what:

-- A

10. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

The name of the shop is Cutting Edge Automotive and the man to go to is the owner,Jim.It's in a subdivided building,the other half is the engine builder's,so it's really convenient to use the dyno and/or machining facilities next door.
    Pretty much planning to go out again this weekend.